Drive By Voting

53 replies to this topic

#46 nynavey

nynavey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:21 PM

Yep, it's gone there alright. I agree gav, but it's more than apparent now people rate whatever they feel like, given the time of day, the angle of the sun, the alignment of the planets, and what they might've had for lunch. It doesn't seem to be based on the same things with each photo, even if one claims it is. *shrug*
Nynavae

#47 gav_davies

gav_davies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:15 PM

Another example of a 10/10:

http://www.photograp...sort=4&cat=3036

#48 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:3rd Rock from the Sun in a small town called New York.
  • Interests:Photography,baseball , Ham radio.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:16 PM

I like the Idea of voting, I try to be objective. I think we have a good thing here. we should not let a few bad apples spoil it for the hard working members. I love taking photo's I have been doing it for 20 years. I love to know what other people think of my work. I try very hard. this takes many hours of working in photoshop after you shoot your image. I think some people hold a grudge if you don't like there photo they will not like yours. Maybe we should vote anonymously.......frank
"Leave the gun. Take the canolies." ...Frank

#49 etfon911

etfon911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  • Interests:Love to write, shoot photos and nature.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:20 PM

Now just a cotton picking second fdinaro. You did rate a photo a 5 and offense WAS taken because you are unknown to me. You just slid in out of nowhere and did this with the comment "Nice photo". That's called drive-by voting. If you'll notice, I did post a comment about your eagle, which had its head obscured by a large log or something, but if you'll also notice, I did not try to RUIN your photo with any rating at all. You then said I was not showing you "RESPECT" ("respect me", as you put it). I withdrew my comment completely....but you continue to post nasty things and now I really AM getting extremely annoyed with you. I come here, and see that you're continuing on with this and quite frankly, it's childish. Please just leave me alone and stop the complaining. I've gone on to other things. You should do the same.

#50 etfon911

etfon911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:36 PM

Re Gav's comment on the photo rated by Neddy, I suspect that all the discussion related to Jeremy's earlier photos was quite interesting to everyone, and the fact that it provoked philosophical discussion about what a photographer selects to shoot...how he shoots it...and whether that subject matter is meaningful or not to anyone else interested him. Perhaps the fact that Jeremy's still producing, in spite of all the criticism he got, inspired Neddy. I am of course making all this up, cause I don't really know. I will say this: it inspired Gary55 to produce some shots that absolutely are my favorites now: especially The Onion shot. I thought it was brilliant - and the discussion about Jeremy's photos moved Gary to produce some incredibly gifted shots of subject matter that no one else has really dealt with - those things in our lives that we see every day but overlook or take for granted.

#51 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:08 PM

I was not complaining I am simply trying to take part in a discussion.Do you have a problem with me here ? you are not making me feal very welcome. mad.gif

#52 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:39 AM

Could we all metaphorically shake hands and get on with leaving constructive criticism for each other please?
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#53 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:32 PM

I agree, it's over lets get on to bigger and better things. Thank's Mark....frank

#54 etfon911

etfon911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:30 PM

I couldn't agree more Mark.

In an effort to end this ungodly nonsense, I have removed the grasshopper photo completely, which also removes all the comments. It's a shame when a user has to do this, but I don't see any other solution.

I do not want to see any more comments about this myself.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users