1 reply to this topic

#1 cam-trader.com

cam-trader.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hi everybody

I have opened a dedicated to camera equipment classified website ( the only dedicated photography classified website in the UK ) and was wondering what the photographic world thought of the idea.....?

The idea was born after searching for a specific used lens for my Nikon DSLR and after not finding it on the popular auction site I had to trail through all the individual shop websites one by one ! As I was doing this (working in the motor trade) I thought to myself there should be an Autotrader for cameras shops etc. So I made one....with a little help.

Have a look please, and let me know what you think.

Cam-trader.com

I am getting good response from shops as I call and explain the site, and as you will see they are starting to advertise items already, We launched this month and hope it will bring all the cameras, lenses, flashguns, filters, tripods, bags etc to one place, making it easier for people to find what they want.

Its free to register with just 2 pieces of information to join 1, email address 2, user name and you have to set up a password.

Then listing is easy and free until at least March. Even when we start charging it will only cost from 19p for 30 days with no buyers commissions or final fees. So a real cheap and effective way of selling your old and new camera stuff. If you want to try it out use pb100 as a promotional code to get it 100% free.

Thanks for reading and please let me know what your thoughts are good or bad !

Jim Simmons

Cam-Trader.com

#2 Steven S

Steven S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

Nice idea. Getting market share is going to be hard because I think I have run across a few sites before that do this also.

Guess it didn't work to well since it doesn't look like the site is up anymore.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users