Who Inspires You As A Photographer?

4 replies to this topic

#1 shutterbasics

shutterbasics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

There are so many great photographers out there and I find that by looking at others work I am inspired to go out and take better pictures.

Anyone got any favorite photographers they want to share?

#2 Guest_The Return of Chris_*

Guest_The Return of Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

There are a good number of photographers in the world embracing an alternate way of viewing reality, and these are who I admire and seek to emulate. In seeking to honor the spirit of these fine artists, one can't mimic their work, for their artistic spirit speaks of singular representation of reality seen through uniquely ground lenses. If there is a photographer out there that makes you tilt your head in confusing wonder, that's my inspiration.

Photographyblog tends to draw those who rejoice in a realistic view of the world, magnified by intensification of commonly appreciated elements such as focus, contrast, and noise-free images. I do applaud the efforts of those who succeed in this kind of photography (indeed, I do attempt this from time to time). I also seek to find the new thing, the new sight that comes after the eyes are blinked and the vison becomes renewed for a wonderous second.

My proposal to all photographers seeking to make their mark in the world: say something new.

Chris

#3 clyde

clyde

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (The Return of Chris @ Feb 8 2010, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are a good number of photographers in the world embracing an alternate way of viewing reality, and these are who I admire and seek to emulate. In seeking to honor the spirit of these fine artists, one can't mimic their work, for their artistic spirit speaks of singular representation of reality seen through uniquely ground lenses. If there is a photographer out there that makes you tilt your head in confusing wonder, that's my inspiration.

Photographyblog tends to draw those who rejoice in a realistic view of the world, magnified by intensification of commonly appreciated elements such as focus, contrast, and noise-free images. I do applaud the efforts of those who succeed in this kind of photography (indeed, I do attempt this from time to time). I also seek to find the new thing, the new sight that comes after the eyes are blinked and the vison becomes renewed for a wonderous second.

My proposal to all photographers seeking to make their mark in the world: say something new.

Chris

#4 nelutka

nelutka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

As for me, I like the works of Ansel Adams and Annie Leibovitz. They are professionals.
I adore black and white pictures, so I like a lot of photographers who work in this style like Arno Minkkinen,Toni Frissel, Sally Mann, Gary Winogrand and many others.
But in fact mostly not photographers inspire us, but life and things around us. I like the following site a lot. http://www.paulpolit...photography.asp
There are many nice black and white pictures made by simple people, but not famous photographers.
I like pictures with the idea inside, to be able to think about it and to try to find something there for myself.

#5 Rob Salinger

Rob Salinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

There are far too may to mention, but I find much inspiration from the 'unknowns' of flickr, etc., though I'm mainly inspired by my own surroundings.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users