Photo

Uploading Photos

3 replies to this topic

#1 BOBWED

BOBWED

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts
  • Interests:I like to walk. That is my main enjoyment. Because I care for my mom full time, I don't have much else to be involved with. I like photography because carrying a camera on a walk makes me notice more and look harder at what I pass. I like funny slants on things.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

I am a novice and a new member of your community. I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask a question. If this is the wrong use of this format please advise me and direct me to the appropriate place. Thank you.

I have a cousin who is a semi-professional photographer. He is very busy. I worry that I am crowding him with questions about digital photography. I have ordered a book to read and study on digital photography. Probably my seeming remedial questions will cease after I have read it. Until now, however, all I have had to work with is my camera's manual. I have a Fuji S1500 extended. As with all manuals it addresses use of the camera. But, unfortunately it does not address the nature and details of digital photography as a medium. So this is where I am and am coming from by asking what is probably a fairly remedial question. If you can answer please understand that I have little depth to understand what you would say. Thank you.

When I upload, my pictures seem to use a lot of space. How can I reduce the size of my uploaded pictures so they won't use up so much space? I upload off my gig card into Windows Photo Gallery. I use Vista Premium. I am just now beginning to learn about Picasa. I don't adjust my photos in anyway because I am trying to learn how to take photos with out retouching them. My cousin who uses RAW (have only a vauge idea what that is). So I know virtually nothing about using the "dark room" of digital photography. This what I have and where I am right now. Can you answer my question? Thank you. Bob W.

#2 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (BOBWED @ Feb 19 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a novice and a new member of your community. I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask a question. If this is the wrong use of this format please advise me and direct me to the appropriate place. Thank you.

I have a cousin who is a semi-professional photographer. He is very busy. I worry that I am crowding him with questions about digital photography. I have ordered a book to read and study on digital photography. Probably my seeming remedial questions will cease after I have read it. Until now, however, all I have had to work with is my camera's manual. I have a Fuji S1500 extended. As with all manuals it addresses use of the camera. But, unfortunately it does not address the nature and details of digital photography as a medium. So this is where I am and am coming from by asking what is probably a fairly remedial question. If you can answer please understand that I have little depth to understand what you would say. Thank you.

When I upload, my pictures seem to use a lot of space. How can I reduce the size of my uploaded pictures so they won't use up so much space? I upload off my gig card into Windows Photo Gallery. I use Vista Premium. I am just now beginning to learn about Picasa. I don't adjust my photos in anyway because I am trying to learn how to take photos with out retouching them. My cousin who uses RAW (have only a vauge idea what that is). So I know virtually nothing about using the "dark room" of digital photography. This what I have and where I am right now. Can you answer my question? Thank you. Bob W.

Hi Bob & "Welcome to the blog!" biggrin.gif
You've come to the right place for questions/answers.
I must admit that there are much more wiser photographers here (then myself). Do you have PhotoShop???
The best size is 266 pixels by 800pixes... Alan (FluffyFeathers) is my main advicer... lol
Let's see if asking him will answer your desired goal. Good Luck!!!
~Jass

#3 BOBWED

BOBWED

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts
  • Interests:I like to walk. That is my main enjoyment. Because I care for my mom full time, I don't have much else to be involved with. I like photography because carrying a camera on a walk makes me notice more and look harder at what I pass. I like funny slants on things.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (JasminenHoney @ Feb 19 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must admit that there are much more wiser photographers here (then myself). Do you have PhotoShop???
The best size is 266 pixels by 800pixes... Alan (FluffyFeathers) is my main advicer... lol
~Jass

Hi Jass. No I don't have PhotoShop. All I have is Photo Gallery which came with Windows Vista. And, I have Picasa that a cousin of mine loaded for me. I am just now learning Picasa. It seems a little easier than Photo Gallery which keeps asking me to open an account. Thanks for letting me know I've come to the right place. Bob W.

#4 photocat

photocat

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (BOBWED @ Feb 19 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JasminenHoney @ Feb 19 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

~Jass

Hi Jass. No I don't have PhotoShop. All I have is Photo Gallery which came with Windows Vista. And, I have Picasa that a cousin of mine loaded for me. I am just now learning Picasa. It seems a little easier than Photo Gallery which keeps asking me to open an account. Thanks for letting me know I've come to the right place. Bob W.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see ~ Henry David Thoreau

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users