Photo

I Am Looking To Buy Digital Camera, Give Me Help!

4 replies to this topic

#1 rainbow86

rainbow86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:59 AM

I am looking to buy a Konica minolta Dynax 5D (Digital SLR camera) priced at 7280 HKD at fortress..it comes with a 18-70mm lens

Before i make my final decision...i sought out help from u all!
I have a few questions which i am posting here...

1. Between the Canon EOS 350 D,the Konica minolta Dynax 5D, the Nikon D 50 and 3.6 Inch LCD 12.0 Mega Pixels Digital Camera (my friend recommend,she bought it from http://www.sourcingg...a-p-2508.html/)
...does anyone have ideas which is a better one from personal experience??I am a starter and so not lookin for a professional one..

2. Is fortress/broadway the best place i can buy the camera in terms of warranty and best price?Or is it safe to pick it up at mong kok or other places?

3. How would you rate the Sony DSC R1 which is a SLR-like camera in comparison to the three i have mentioned above?

I look forward for help from u all!
Many thanks in advance

#2 bard

bard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

you can spend a tiny bit more and get a Nikon D3000 with the kit lens - you'll be very happy with the results.
Toronto Wedding Photographer

Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75mm 2.8, Nikon D200 backup, Nikon 18-200mm VR

#3 Eren S.

Eren S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

I have absolutely no experience with those cameras, but I do love my A-1. It will deplete your bank account to run, though. It uses 35mm film and 4LR44 batteries. Not the cheapest stuff nowadays.
Eren S.
Photographer in Cumberland, RI for Photographer's Monthly
eren.alexander.s@gmx.com

#4 Loveshooting

Loveshooting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

I reckon so, try this. I've checked out it all and it looks a cracker, well just so long as you dont step over the 1000.00 mark. That said, anything less than 1000 and as the dude says you've made a 500 profit.
Every bit of that kit looks 5stars. I'm getting on it but my budget is 950. Good luck fellow lens lovers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MESELX:IT

#5 chynna

chynna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

for a beginner, i use canon 1000D and the nikon d3000 also does not disappoint, models higher that these are already considered sub-pro and professional.

when buying gadgets, always try and compare. go from one store to another, if it helps, right down the differences, the good and the bad among the stores you've been too. this can be tedious but you will surely get your money's worth

SONY digicams does not also disappoint, I have tried using TX1 and the quality is as good as SLR. though the price between SONY digicams T series and up only have a tiny bit difference from a beginner SLR

hope this helps!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users