#1 WeddingPhotographer

WeddingPhotographer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hi all,

I am building a new website and wondering if i should build some links before submitting to Google or just submit ASAP, or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance

#2 Anthony Turnham

Anthony Turnham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Keeping Fit, Football, My Family

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Hi there,

From my experience getting it submitted to Google is paramount. Some SEOs (Search Engine Optimisers) claim that Google has a 'sandbox' into which some new sites are placed. Whether or not this is true is debatable, however, one of Google's many criteria for ranking a site is the age of the site. So I reckon the sooner that Google knows about your site the better. Also if you see that you don't have a page rank, or that it's 0 to start with don't worry too much. Google updates it's pagerank stats that the users see very infrequently (can be every 6 months or so). Check out Matt Cutts on youtube for more SEO tips relating to Google.

Link building is also very important but this can come afterwards. By the way if you would like to do a link trade with my wedding photography site, I'd be happy to to do that. Let me know.

All the best.

Anthony
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony Turnham

Photographer | New Zealand | SNAP! Photography | Architectural Photography | Wedding Photography | Landscape Photography

#3 Anthony Turnham

Anthony Turnham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Keeping Fit, Football, My Family

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Having seen when this was posted you're probably already all sorted with this one smile.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony Turnham

Photographer | New Zealand | SNAP! Photography | Architectural Photography | Wedding Photography | Landscape Photography

#4 kurchuri

kurchuri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Submit it now, and then gradually build links. As soon as your site's frame is live, you should submit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users