Why Do You Photograph?

35 replies to this topic

#1 nelutka

nelutka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

Is photographing a hobby for you or is it your work or maybe the both?
As for me I make pictures only for myself, they are not good enough to sell, but I'm not interested in profit. The main thing is the process. rolleyes.gif

#2 Rob Salinger

Rob Salinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

Photography, for me, is entirely personal and selfish. My wife, generally, is the only person who sees my images. I don't post, I rarely print, I don't share.

#3 fern

fern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

I paint and take photos. I consider my camera another medium for composition and experimentation with light, color and shape. If I make a good enough series of photos, I post it to my web site to have easy access to them if I get tired of the desktop background at work.

#4 bloglovley

bloglovley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

Photograph just is my interest, and what is not one rolleyes.gif of the major.

#5 Thenerds Net

Thenerds Net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (nelutka @ Jun 9 2010, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for me I make pictures only for myself, they are not good enough to sell, but I'm not interested in profit. The main thing is the process. rolleyes.gif

It means your are only time passing here smile.gif

#6 Thenerds Net

Thenerds Net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Thenerds Net @ Oct 7 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (nelutka @ Jun 9 2010, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It means your are only time passing here smile.gif

I like your site...and some information are good and important for us.

#7 williamgreat

williamgreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:movie and nusic

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Photographing is my hobby. I also do photographing just for fun. rolleyes.gif

#8 Rodney Maraist

Rodney Maraist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I photograph to preserve the memories. Looking at them always puts a smile on my face.

#9 STX

STX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (nelutka @ Jun 9 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just recently began serious photography and I have the bug bad! I would eventually like to be able to submit some photos to newspapers, magazines, and make a few pennies to buy lens and other fun extas. For now, I'm just soaking in all the info (and light) I can get!

#10 Flo

Flo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

I started taking photographs for the memories mainly.
My memory can be pretty shocking, so in a way it's like taking the adventure over again.
Lately though its becoming its own adventure. Like learning to take macro shots and composing the photo.

#11 dolly12uk

dolly12uk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

i photograph because its what i have always wanted too do, i have stuck to this hobbie since the day i wanted to become a photographer.. so at the moment im just practising by taking snapshots of things and getting used to it, thats why i have joined this website to see different comments from you all and work from what you all have said, if you could answer this question for me; what inspires you to do photography,? # smile.gif

#12 Pixel Alchemist

Pixel Alchemist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Nature Photography, graphic desgin, reading, baking, movies

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

I was a full on web designer and programmer, until about eight years back I had to under go life saving surgery and more surgeries over teh next few years to "fix me up" unfortunately there were complications which cased memory loss. So all that I was, and did was wiped out. I was pretty lost for some time, then as part of my recovery, I took a photograph, of a compassion rose on my window sill, to this day it remains my most popular floral photograph. What I once viewed as the worst thing to happen in my life I am now beginning to think was the best thing ( though I would never wish the experience I under went on anyone) I finally finding myself and my way back out of this dark period in my life. In Doing so I have discovered Photography is my Bliss, my oxygen, I love Nature Photography it really my thing. I want to go full time professional for the the single reason it would allow me to follow my bliss full time.

Not all of my photographic works could be considered photographic master pieces. That's not my reason for photographing what I do. To me, if one of my photographs brings a smile to another face, a moment of inner bliss, to the viewer, then, to me, that is the single most important piece of work I have created to date. My single aim is to bring some enrichment and joy into other people’s lives through my photography. We all see beauty and fall in love with a subject of an image for our own reasons. That reason doesn't have to be understood or make sense to anyone else other than the viewer, at that moment in time. If I can do that, but once, for one person, through one piece of my work, then my goal and purpose as a photographer, and as a person is fulfilled
The Contemplation of Beauty causes the Soul to Grow Wings
Plato

#13 BOBWED

BOBWED

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts
  • Interests:I like to walk. That is my main enjoyment. Because I care for my mom full time, I don't have much else to be involved with. I like photography because carrying a camera on a walk makes me notice more and look harder at what I pass. I like funny slants on things.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Pixel Alchemist @ Apr 5 2011, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was a full on web designer and programmer, until about eight years back I had to under go life saving surgery and more surgeries over teh next few years to "fix me up" unfortunately there were complications which cased memory loss. So all that I was, and did was wiped out. I was pretty lost for some time, then as part of my recovery, I took a photograph, of a compassion rose on my window sill, to this day it remains my most popular floral photograph. What I once viewed as the worst thing to happen in my life I am now beginning to think was the best thing ( though I would never wish the experience I under went on anyone) I finally finding myself and my way back out of this dark period in my life. In Doing so I have discovered Photography is my Bliss, my oxygen, I love Nature Photography it really my thing. I want to go full time professional for the the single reason it would allow me to follow my bliss full time.

Not all of my photographic works could be considered photographic master pieces. That's not my reason for photographing what I do. To me, if one of my photographs brings a smile to another face, a moment of inner bliss, to the viewer, then, to me, that is the single most important piece of work I have created to date. My single aim is to bring some enrichment and joy into other people’s lives through my photography. We all see beauty and fall in love with a subject of an image for our own reasons. That reason doesn't have to be understood or make sense to anyone else other than the viewer, at that moment in time. If I can do that, but once, for one person, through one piece of my work, then my goal and purpose as a photographer, and as a person is fulfilled

So, where have you been? Hope those earthquakes did not break the camera. Looking for you on the Gallery. by, BobWed

#14 seocw

seocw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Photography is my hobby... i love doing it..

#15 d-zeLL

d-zeLL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

making money is my hobby, photography increases my profits ph34r.gif wink.gif

.....also to document memories, special events, capture interesting visuals, freeze moments in time to look back at sometime in the future.
FOAMPOSITE CZAR

SONY HX-100V

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users