Why Do You Photograph?

32 replies to this topic

#16 trinsleynewton

trinsleynewton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

photography is an art, and like all other art forms, i like photography too:)

#17 photocoach

photocoach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Gardens, Building stone walls and fireplaces, photography, poker and rock n roll. Johnny Cash, Yes, Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, Kiss, Boston, and anything today that jams. On other days I like Sting, the Tubes, James Taylor and Sinatra. If it's good, I guess I like it.

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (nelutka @ Jun 9 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is photographing a hobby for you or is it your work or maybe the both?
As for me I make pictures only for myself, they are not good enough to sell, but I'm not interested in profit. The main thing is the process. rolleyes.gif

I do it for the chicks and getting backstage at all the big concerts (4 free)

ha ha. Only kidding. I did it to make a living for many years and now, I'm doing it (mostly for my own enjoyment) and teaching the newbies various tricks and tips with a focus on Portraits and Weddings.

What I enjoy most, shots from my garden.

#18 RoxanneKendall

RoxanneKendall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Riding, Playing Games in Computer

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (trinsleynewton @ Sep 17 2011, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
photography is an art, and like all other art forms, i like photography too:)

I wanna say it The art of photography. There are very little photographer who has this kind of art. So the art is one kind of life. Life means acting. So what is the difference betn art and act....?

#19 Allen Smith

Allen Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

Photography is my hobby so I do it....... rolleyes.gif

#20 Monika mehra

Monika mehra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

I love photography. I have a canon digital camera. I used to take photos of natural beauty on every weekends

#21 LakishaNorton

LakishaNorton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Photography, Reading, writing, Riding bike, Playing Games in Computer

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

There is lot of people and lot of interest and there is many many different character. I like photography but you don't, why? Because my passion is photography and may be your passion is something different. So Every person has an art of his or her profession. I will say it passion not profession.

#22 Kate Rose

Kate Rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Because I can't draw, and I love to make something beautiful. Having found out how hard it is to found your own business in another sphere, I suspect that trying to profit from my photography would totally take the enjoyment out of it! I just love making a beautiful image - especially working with photoshop to realise a vision that's inside my head rather than an exact replica of what i saw....sometimes i enjoy the digital darkroom stuff more than the actual photography!
Kate Rose
Need to improve your marketing?
Social Media Training
Social Media Consultancy
Training on Twitter
Training on Facebook
www.rosemcgrory.co.uk

#23 BOBWED

BOBWED

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts
  • Interests:I like to walk. That is my main enjoyment. Because I care for my mom full time, I don't have much else to be involved with. I like photography because carrying a camera on a walk makes me notice more and look harder at what I pass. I like funny slants on things.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Rob Salinger @ Jun 26 2010, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Photography, for me, is entirely personal and selfish. My wife, generally, is the only person who sees my images. I don't post, I rarely print, I don't share.
Your wife is lucky. I lament my loss. BobWed

#24 Crapo7

Crapo7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:люстры EUROLAMPART lampis.ru

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

если я начну с вами спорить на эту тему вы меня наверное забаните на www.photographyblog.com ?

#25 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Photography is mainly a hobby that I love doing. However I live far away from my family, so photography also allows me to mail them pictures of my son and I so that they feel more involved with our lives. It’s very easy for me to have pictures printed and then mail them to family and friends to see.

#26 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

For most people, photography was at first a hobby. But when you get better at it, it will become a source of income. And that's the best thing there -- monetizing your passion. Soon, you will be picking your printing company, contacting clients, documenting events and a thousand of other interesting things.

#27 Traveling_Girl

Traveling_Girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:software, photography, home videos, slideshow creation, wildlife photography, underwater photography

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

To capture a fleeting moment in time....

#28 Locksmith Brandon

Locksmith Brandon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Your post is so informative that I can't escape appreciating it.

#29 eye shutter photos

eye shutter photos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

I've always loved the idea of capturing something forever. Even if you lose the actual object or memory, you have the memento of a photograph.

#30 Francis Mayers

Francis Mayers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

For me its my passion to take pictures, not to mention about the profit you will earn but in photography you can satisfy our hunger of those beautiful places. wherever i go always carry my best friend ( digital camera).

Pacquiao vs Marquez 4
Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 Tickets
Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 Live
Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 Live Streaming

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users