19 replies to this topic

#1 shepherdess

shepherdess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

hi,
i'm new to this forum business, so please forgive me if i get it wrong (not sure if i'm typing in the correct place even)! anyway, here goes!!

after dropping my canon digital ixus i think i probably need a new camera. i've been doing a bit of research online & have been drawn to the panasonic lumix tz7 (priced at 179.99 gb pounds at a popular online store, not sure if i'm allowed to name them, so i'd better not risk it). however, yesterday i spotted the casio exilim fh20 on the same site for a similar price & after digging around a little i thought i liked the sound of it too.

I signed up with this forum yesterday as i needed a little help & advice so that i might choose the right camera. however, i couldn't ask my question until today as i had to be verified, apparently. anyway, here i am & i've been back to the website i found that the casio's price has gone back up by about a hundred pounds. great...

still, i'd like to know what anyone thinks of these 2 cameras - pros & cons. i'd be very grateful for any advice given. thanks

edit...
i've just come across the fuji finepix F200EXR for 119 gbpounds (sorry, but the pound symbol won't work on my laptop!). this looks pretty good.
anyone have any knowledge about this camera?

the price of the casio (above) has just dropped back down again today! such is the nature of this particular online store!!

i really would appreciate any comments about any of these cameras.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

#2 dougsinnott

dougsinnott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (shepherdess @ Sep 13 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,
i'm new to this forum business, so please forgive me if i get it wrong (not sure if i'm typing in the correct place even)! anyway, here goes!!

after dropping my canon digital ixus i think i probably need a new camera. i've been doing a bit of research online & have been drawn to the panasonic lumix tz7 (priced at 179.99 gb pounds at a popular online store, not sure if i'm allowed to name them, so i'd better not risk it). however, yesterday i spotted the casio exilim fh20 on the same site for a similar price & after digging around a little i thought i liked the sound of it too.

I signed up with this forum yesterday as i needed a little help & advice so that i might choose the right camera. however, i couldn't ask my question until today as i had to be verified, apparently. anyway, here i am & i've been back to the website i found that the casio's price has gone back up by about a hundred pounds. great...

still, i'd like to know what anyone thinks of these 2 cameras - pros & cons. i'd be very grateful for any advice given. thanks

edit...
i've just come across the fuji finepix F200EXR for 119 gbpounds (sorry, but the pound symbol won't work on my laptop!). this looks pretty good.
anyone have any knowledge about this camera?

the price of the casio (above) has just dropped back down again today! such is the nature of this particular online store!!

i really would appreciate any comments about any of these cameras.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

#3 bloglovley

bloglovley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

Someone thought that a good brand of digital cameras, their quality is very good also.I din't agree with this point.
I have a digital camera, because the panasonic outing, so bought another battery back-up back. This brand is good panasonic? Do you know? I use a period of time, it is the quality problems.

It can use the time is not longer.

#4 toronto

toronto

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Photography, travel, history, aviation, music, fine food and anything, well almost anything, mechanical.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the two cameras that you mention, however there is a web site that allows you to compare almost any two cameras; its primarily a technical comparison. Here is the link, I hope it helps you make the right decision.

http://www.camera-ca...c_lumix_dmc-fx7

#5 shepherdess

shepherdess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (toronto @ Sep 30 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately I am not familiar with the two cameras that you mention, however there is a web site that allows you to compare almost any two cameras; its primarily a technical comparison. Here is the link, I hope it helps you make the right decision.

thank you so much toronto - it's so refreshing to get an answer that actually refers to or has any relevance to the question i asked! (who on earth are these people and what do they hope to gain by posting such nonsensical replies - the mind boggles!!??)

i'll go and check out this site straight away

shepherdess

#6 WhizzBang Pictures

WhizzBang Pictures

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Photography , Walking , Photo Editing

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (shepherdess @ Oct 2 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (toronto @ Sep 30 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you so much toronto - it's so refreshing to get an answer that actually refers to or has any relevance to the question i asked! (who on earth are these people and what do they hope to gain by posting such nonsensical replies - the mind boggles!!??)

i'll go and ckeck out this site straight away

shepherdess

HI i currently own the Panasonic TZ7 and find it a great camera,

Pros - zoom range - image quality - ease of use - loads of options

Cons - no control over aperture or shutter speed

But if the cons dont bother you or are not interested in this then its a great camera as most 90 percent of the time it gets the results that i want

unfortunatly i cant say anything about the fujifilm as i have never used one.

For a quick look at a few pics taken with a Tz7 check out my gallery - search for user name scoobert

#7 shepherdess

shepherdess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

thanks for your helpful reply scoobert.

i've had a look at your photos & i am impressed with their quality. they look crisp, clear and the colours seem natural. the one of your beautiful dobermann is especially striking - one could almost reach out & touch her glossy coat!

can i just ask how sturdy the camera seems to you, especially the usually fiddly bits such as battery, card & connector cable covers?

thanks again

shepherdess

#8 pixelmantis

pixelmantis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

What are your priorities in terms of features set.
I.e. zoom reach, manual controls, video capabilities?

Based on the cameras you mentioned in the OP though, I think the TZ7 would definitely be a good choice. Its an excellent all-rounder, and compact to boot.

#9 Eyal Gurevitch

Eyal Gurevitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

The TZ7 is indeed an excellent solution for most needs at a relatively low price.
It has a good automatic mode if you never want to deal with manual controls.

Another good, inexpensive option (now that you mentioned the F200EXR) is the F80EXR.
It has a good zoom range (almost like the TZ7), good quality images, and a lower price (about 155 if I'm not mistaken).
Where did you see the F200 for 119? I could only find it selling for 199.
My Compact Digital Camera Guide - eyalg.com

#10 wengdell00

wengdell00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hello guys, I am a new member here in forum. I'm from in Oshkosh City. I believe the photograph is very intresting and I really enjoying to take shot a picture. And also, I engage in Photos on Canvas for my portrait and is the best thing to do for memorable remembrance gift to your family and friends.

Photos on Canvas
Upload your digital photos and get them enhanced and put on a beautiful canvas. Many different choices available.

#11 cashloan

cashloan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

I think Nikon 2550 is the best than any other camera.

#12 frits

frits

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

I am happy to find your way of writing the post

#13 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

I always like SONY cameras as already have great experiences with them. These days one new camera SONY NEX-5N is in the market and really have many ultimate features to make your captured moments amazing.

#14 justin14

justin14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

We have the freedom the choose what we want like choosing which gadget will fit our likes. Also in choosing gift, its all up to us.

#15 yangbetty55

yangbetty55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:photo on canvas, <br />photos on canvas, <br />usa canvas printing, <br />usa photo canvas printing, <br />Digital Photos On Canvas, <br />digital photo canvas, <br />digital canvas printing,

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

Advance Happy Holiday to All..!
Photos on Canvas
Digital Photos on Canvas
Upload your digital photos and get them enhanced and put on a beautiful canvas. Many different choices available.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users