2 replies to this topic

#1 shepherdess

shepherdess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

hi,

i tried to enter my photo into the clouds competition tonight, and it looked as if i'd uploaded it successfully (or so i thought). however, i cannot find it anywhere on the photography blog website.

i thought that maybe i hadn't followed the instructions properly, so i tried again. i still can't find my photo! what worries me now is that maybe there is some kind of delay before the entries are shown on the site & i will be disqualified if my photo turns up twice!

what a pickle i've got myself into! needless to say, i'm totally new to this. i would be grateful if anyone could help & advise me on where i went wrong and what i should do next. i would like to see my photos online even though i know i've no chance of winning this competition, as i'm a total amateur.

thanks for taking the time to read my question. any replies would be greatly appreciated

shepherdess

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Please try again and let me know what happens...
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 shepherdess

shepherdess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Sep 21 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please try again and let me know what happens...

hi mark,

thanks for your reply.

i have tried again, all seemed to be going well. after download ended a page appeared for only about 2 seconds before disappearing & i was back on the gallery page (not quite sure which page of phtographyblog i was returned to, but it seemed like a normal page with no error warnings at all). the only way i know that something is amiss is when i try & find my photo on the website to no avail.

the disappearing page that appeared after download goes so quickly that i don't get much of a chance to read it! i think it says something along the lines of - "click here if you don't wish to wait or your browser doesn't direct you.....). after it disappeared i tried clicking the back button to try & get a shot at reading it before it quickly disappeared again! i did manage to click on the link (click here if you don't want to wait) but nothing happened. whether this was because i missed it the first time & it wouldn't work because i had clicked the back button, i honestly don't know.

what i do know is that all this is pretty frustrating! my account shows no photos at all.

just had a thought -

i joined photographyblog originally so that i could ask a question about advice for buying a digital camera. my account was validated for forums, but i wonder by now whether i needed to register again for the photo gallery? when i tried to enter the clouds competition, all seemed fine & i didn't get any kind of message stating that i needed to register or log in again.

it's not the end of the world if i can't post my photo on this site, but it would make my day!

thanks again

shepherdess

edit
i managed to upload 2 other photos succesfully last night to my gallery. i tried to do the same with the photo mentioned above, but without success!
in all cases, a message showed onscreen to say that i had uplooaded successfully, but there was still no sign of the elusive photo.

if i have time i will try & upload a few others tonight - fingers crossed!

shepherdess

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users