2 replies to this topic

#1 Jessicarlobb

Jessicarlobb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:42 AM

Hi,
I was wandering if you could help me. Im currently working on a personal study for my a-level photography corse that I'm doing. I'm trying to find out which kind of food advertising photography people prefer. Surrel photograpy(e.g fruit floating in the sky) or comersial(typical everyday shots you see all the time). I was wandeing if you could give me some of your views and maybe explain them.
Thanks!
Please help!!

#2 Paul_77

Paul_77

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Computers, Photography, Motorcycles.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:00 AM

I really don't think that it is a matter of prefering one over the other.
Be it surreal or a more traditional shot it is more about the impact and quality of the photograph.

Both will work, it depends on subject matter and the impression the phottographer wants to create.
Most viewers, I'm sure, will appreciate either style, as long as it is well done.

#3 gazmaster

gazmaster

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:29 PM

As Paul said most people will appreciate both styles, it really does depend on the context of the advert also imo, eg if you were advertising from a supermarkets pov, I feel surrealism isn't right, surrealism is for the more abstract kind of advertising, and vice a versa.
I prefer surreal images, after 2 years at Art College surrealism was a major player in my course, so I am biased as such. ph34r.gif
Regards

G@zz@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users