Finepix S200exr Or Hs10 ?

3 replies to this topic

#1 BrandonD94

BrandonD94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my camera and have been interested in the HS10 for a while now but after recently reading reviews I've discovered many say the S200EXR is better for photo quality, but then I would be sacrificing alot of features that the HS10 has such as 30x zoom a flip out screen and High speed video (which even though lowers resolution looked like good fun biggrin.gif) Plus full HD Video at 30fps.

I don't really want to lose these features but I do want good photo quality, so I was hoping for some more experienced photogrpahers opinions biggrin.gif.

Is the S200EXR really THAT much better photo quality ?

#2 Lindilew

Lindilew

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (BrandonD94 @ Nov 3 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking to upgrade my camera and have been interested in the HS10 for a while now but after recently reading reviews I've discovered many say the S200EXR is better for photo quality, but then I would be sacrificing alot of features that the HS10 has such as 30x zoom a flip out screen and High speed video (which even though lowers resolution looked like good fun biggrin.gif) Plus full HD Video at 30fps.

I don't really want to lose these features but I do want good photo quality, so I was hoping for some more experienced photogrpahers opinions biggrin.gif.

Hi
It seems to me like you have made up your mind - I had the same issue when I was getting a new camera but I just went with what I wanted from it - if its picture go quality - if you want the other features then go for for your first choice. Even with less features there is so many things you can do with photography. I have video on both my DSLRs - never used it - now have the Sony A900 -full frame - the quality is just so good - hope this helps
The hidden harmony is better than the obvious.
Alexander Pope (1688-1744)

#3 dougsinnott

dougsinnott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (BrandonD94 @ Nov 3 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 Rick Clark

Rick Clark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

I looked at the HS10 real hard and ended up buying a Pentax K5. I have 11 Pentax lenses and I figured that my 400mm will end up being 640mm on the K5 so I let the HS10 slide out the door.
But you won't go wrong buying it and anything you buy from FUJI I have 3 of there cameras and they are great. Best of luck Ric dry.gif k

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users