Photo

Is It Worth Dusting Off My Old Pentax Slr?

1 reply to this topic

#1 mccririck

mccririck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:07 PM

I found my Pentax MZ-M recently, still with film in it from over ten years ago.

Just wondered if the film would still be ok to process and also where is the cheapest place to buy film these days? And where should I get it processed?

#2 McKenzie

McKenzie

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • Interests:Classic Motorcycles, Martial Arts ( mostly Karate and Tai Chi and Kendo), Walking, Dogs and Dog Training, Rugby, wildlife and old mine exploration, mineral collecting.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (mccririck @ Dec 15 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found my Pentax MZ-M recently, still with film in it from over ten years ago.

Just wondered if the film would still be ok to process and also where is the cheapest place to buy film these days? And where should I get it processed?

Hi...its worth putting a roll of film through it..the film thats in there may give you a few shots, but dont depend on it.
You can buy 35mm film in high street camera shops, or there is a lot availble on line or #bay.

You can buy B&W thats C41 prossessable (in high street etc) but it can sometimes give coloured tinge, Its not a true B&W film.
Colour film is about 5 to have printed (standard print size) so put a colour roll through first and try it...sometimes the light seals can degrdae over time, as can the mirror damping sponge...give it a blow out before fitting the new film...have fun !

Regards
Steve
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users