2 replies to this topic

#1 lyn

lyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

Hello,

Is there anyone who can help me I have Adobe elements 6 a few years old I know, but more recently I have been introduced to Raw ON MY nIKON d300. but I cant seem to find it in my adobe, I see it is mentioned in the missing manual so I assume it is possible but really understand what they are saying.

If it is possible can anyone give me very simple instructions to view and work on photos I have taken in Raw.

Thank you in advance

Lyn

#2 chriswaldren

chriswaldren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

Lyn,

I use Elements 6 and I can access RAW files from older cameras either from the 'Organiser Workspace' using the 'File' > 'Get Photos' commands or directly into the Edit Workspace' using 'File' > 'Open'.

BUT

I have a relatively modern Canon camera from which I cannot open the RAW files because my version of Elements is too old and cannot read the later versions of Canon RAW. In this case I use the software supplied with the Canon camera to adjust and convert (to TIFF) the RAW files before working on them in Elements 6.

Is this perhaps the issue with your D300? Is it too new a camera for the age of your Adobe software?

Chris Waldren

Visit My Website

#3 dannybgoode

dannybgoode

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hi there

May be worth you upgarding to Elements 9 in any event. Hugely more functional particularly with Layers Masks and the spot healing brush. Both advanced features inherited from Photoshop CS5. Just make sure your PC or Mac meets minimum requirements.

Adobe Camera Raw has been much updated also and gives pretty nice results and at 58 on Amazon its a bargain at the moment.

I've resisted moving over to Elements from Paintshop Pro but downloaded the demo of v9 and bought it straight away I was that impressed.

Cheers

Danny B
No camera takes a great photo, a good photographer does...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users