2 replies to this topic

#1 Alokchitri

Alokchitri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:35 AM

Hello

My camera is NIKON D90 and I am looking for the following type of lenses. Please note that I do not have a very large and deep pocket, unfortunately; so while suggesting please keep it in consideration.

Macro/Micro Lens: I have already come across TAMRON 90mm. Is it really very good lens? My main concern is Sharpness and lens should be around 100mm focal lens so that I can keep a workable distance between me and the subject. Please note that I would prefer a non-DX lens so that it is compatible with my old Film SLR too. Is there any other lens worth considering?

Moderate Tele Zoom: I already have 100-300 SIGMA AF-D DL lens, and it is about 150-450mm which is very attractive focal range. But I'm not really 100% happy with the output (in terms of sharpness at extreme end of 300mm) and D90 has a pretty bad tendency to overexpose the scene. Hence I'm looking for other lenses in this focal length range [100-300, 200-400 full frame] preferably full frame (compatible with Film SLRs). Again the Sharpness of the lens is of utmost importance. Lens may or may not be VR. Please suggest with price.

Thank you

#2 Alokchitri

Alokchitri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (rlarsen86 @ Sep 12 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Nikkor Zoom Lens $529

Nikon Lenses

Thanks...I have already bought this lens... smile.gif
Presently I am planning to get the Macro from Tamron

#3 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

I've always liked Nikon lenses, I know you say you're on a budget, but you might have to make a little investment for quality.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users