Photo

Canon 7d & Duracell 16gb 300x Udma Cards Fault!

3 replies to this topic

#1 SHANAN

SHANAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hi All

I recently purchased 2 x Duracell Pro Photo 16GB 300X UDMA CF cards from 7dayshop.com, Im not sayin the 7dayshop are at fault as I have now contacted them to resolve the problem but

These's cards were tried for the first time today, All shots were taken in RAW, in our 1Ds Mkii there were no corrupt images but when used in our 7D about 20-30% of still images taken were corrupted, the right speed in the 7D was very very slow & it made the camera unusable for a long time when on a shoot, I have tried the 7D with a sandisk extreme iii and it works fine, very fast right speeds 30mb/s compaired to the UDMA cards,

SO!

Give these cards a miss if using with a 7D or if anyone else has experienced problems with UDMA cards I would like to know,

Many Thanks
Shanan
Speak Your Mind

#2 ethanhunt3055

ethanhunt3055

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hi, I am running my small electrical appliances from the Duracell battery , they were running in good condition since a long time. now it's only been 3 month has gone and it's rusting is depleting. What can I possibly to do recharge my Duracell battery , is there any charger for Duracell battery.

Duracell battery

#3 Graham54

Graham54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (SHANAN @ Apr 30 2011, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give these cards a miss if using with a 7D or if anyone else has experienced problems with UDMA cards I would like to know,

I've just bought two Duracell 4Gb x300 UDMA cards from 7dayshop as well. They seem to be slower in my Nikon D3 than the Kingston ones I've had for years. Also bought a Lexar USB3 card reader at the same time and the download speed seems no different than on my Sandisk USB2 reader - using the Duracell cards. As this is my first venture into using UDMA cards (due to a new laptop with USB3 ports) I've got nothing to compare it to but my money is on a faulty set of cards.

#4 Phil Davies

Phil Davies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

I have recently upgraded to a 7D so have been looking for some UDMA cards suitable for this camera.

I have already a Sandisk Extreme IV (45Mb/300x) cards but at 4GB, I'm running out of space fast....

Anyhow, I ordered 2 Duracell 600x UDMA 16GB cards from 7dayshop (great service as ever!).

As for the cards, it appears the 600x ONLY relates to the READ speed of the cards, so whereas 7dayshop will sell you a Lexar 600x Card at 80 the Lexar will read AND more importantly write at 90 Mb/s - full 600x speed.

So as ever you get what you paid for. BTW, the Duracell cards are made by Dane-Elec, and tbf I've not had any issue with them in the past.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users