Photo

Sony Hx9v Strange Zoom Noise!? Shaky Picture.. Need An Answer! Doa?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Markus M

Markus M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Hi! yesterday i got my new camera, the hx9v.

i have tested it a cople of hours, and when i use the zoom i can feel the zoom working inside the camera, and hear the sound of it, when i put my ear to the body and zoom, it sounds like bone crunching or something, but only after 5/8x zoom, after 8x it comes a couple of short times! IS THIS NORMAL? or have i got a DOA?

also! when i zoom, and every time the noise comes, it shakes the picture a little!!...... :/

Need answer! if i need to return it.. sad.gif

i dont mind it if it is normal =)

#2 Markus M

Markus M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

anyone? =)

#3 hmrneves

hmrneves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Markus M @ Jun 23 2011, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone? =)

everyone complains about the noise..

btw. http://www.photograp...showtopic=11107 if you have opion, share please biggrin.gif

#4 isb72

isb72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hi Markus,

I have just read your post and turned on my newly bought hx9vb, and zoomed, I cant say the sound of the zoom sounds like bone crunching to me it just sounds exactly how I would imagine, ie. a small motor turning,. if I zoom in slowly from 0 to 16x the motor sounds more smooth and quiet, if I zoom in fast the motor seems a tiny bit more strained, but not enough to make me think its alarming or something is wrong with it.

If you are still concerned, I have just used my iphone to record the sound of the zoom, both slowly zooming, and quickly.. I pressed the microphone of the iphone against the camera casing, right next to the lens so you can clearly hear it, the sound I hear myself when zooming is much quieter than the sound from the iphone recording (due to my ear not being pressed against the camera, but it might give you an idea.

If you want it, send me a message on here and I will email you the recording, its only about 20 seconds long so isnt large.

Ian

QUOTE (Markus M @ Jun 23 2011, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have tested it a cople of hours, and when i use the zoom i can feel the zoom working inside the camera, and hear the sound of it, when i put my ear to the body and zoom, it sounds like bone crunching or something, but only after 5/8x zoom, after 8x it comes a couple of short times! IS THIS NORMAL? or have i got a DOA?

also! when i zoom, and every time the noise comes, it shakes the picture a little!!...... :/

#5 Cobalt B

Cobalt B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Markus M @ Jun 23 2011, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know exactly what you are talking about. My HX9V does exactly what you are talking about and it is audible while recording. I am going to send mine back and get a new one.

#6 sindy1988

sindy1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

Good to know about it,thanks for sharing with us.

cheap fifa coins

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users