3 replies to this topic

#1 snowgoose

snowgoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life as best as Ican

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

sad.gif can someone please help in simple terms. Camera Olympus SP-800UZ, PC WINDOWS 7. previously when connected camera/card reader etc to PC an "options window" appeared so I could download photo's to my pictures. Now that menue has dissapeared & all I seem to be able to access is "WINDOWS LIVE" which only allowsme to e-mail photo's via there mail , also canny move photo's to othere places like photobucket etc, the Techy at PC world spent a couple of days ended up telling me WINDOWS had deleted the program!!!!!is this possible if so how can I get it back or can I.have looked in controle panel THINK I turned Autoplay on.
So if someone can assist a dozy old man would be most gratefull.
snowgoose.

#2 Bridget

Bridget

• Advanced Members 200
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,023 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing the piano,my job with the elderly,and of course photography.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (snowgoose @ Jul 29 2011, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif can someone please help in simple terms. Camera Olympus SP-800UZ, PC WINDOWS 7. previously when connected camera/card reader etc to PC an "options window" appeared so I could download photo's to my pictures. Now that menue has dissapeared & all I seem to be able to access is "WINDOWS LIVE" which only allowsme to e-mail photo's via there mail , also canny move photo's to othere places like photobucket etc, the Techy at PC world spent a couple of days ended up telling me WINDOWS had deleted the program!!!!!is this possible if so how can I get it back or can I.have looked in controle panel THINK I turned Autoplay on.
snowgoose.

Open your my pitures and create a new folder and name it.Do this by right clicking an empty space in my pictures.Leave that window open but minimise it to half the size.Go to my computer and and open c drive and you downloader should be there open the downloader and click on a photo and then hold down the ctrl key and click a photo so it selects them all then drag and drop into your new folder in my pictures and they should load in
Bridget

#3 snowgoose

snowgoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life as best as Ican

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Bridget @ Aug 2 2011, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snowgoose.

Open your my pitures and create a new folder and name it.Do this by right clicking an empty space in my pictures.Leave that window open but minimise it to half the size.Go to my computer and and open c drive and you downloader should be there open the downloader and click on a photo and then hold down the ctrl key and click a photo so it selects them all then drag and drop into your new folder in my pictures and they should load in
Bridget

Thank you Bridget, having a seive fer a brain i will print your remedy as i will have forgotten as soon as i switch off. It appears "Windos Live" has taken a dislike to me, tried to send a photo by e-m got a nice message telling me "error 3207" my account has been suspended fer security reasons????? & when I switch the notice off I will see a picture and number on it
which I presume I send back, but guess what no number no picture. I hate computers but HATE windows 7 worse of all looks like will have to go to plan B buy a cheap 2nd hand netbook with xp on it end of problem. But will try your suggestion first will let you know how I got on will be a day or two tho.
Steuart/snowgoose

#4 Bridget

Bridget

• Advanced Members 200
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,023 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing the piano,my job with the elderly,and of course photography.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (snowgoose @ Aug 3 2011, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bridget @ Aug 2 2011, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snowgoose.

Bridget

Thank you Bridget, having a seive fer a brain i will print your remedy as i will have forgotten as soon as i switch off. It appears "Windos Live" has taken a dislike to me, tried to send a photo by e-m got a nice message telling me "error 3207" my account has been suspended fer security reasons????? & when I switch the notice off I will see a picture and number on it
which I presume I send back, but guess what no number no picture. I hate computers but HATE windows 7 worse of all looks like will have to go to plan B buy a cheap 2nd hand netbook with xp on it end of problem. But will try your suggestion first will let you know how I got on will be a day or two tho.
Steuart/snowgoose

I have windows 7 and this works ok for me and i also have a netbook but would not reccomend for photos though it will be very slow

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users