Canon Imageprograf

1 reply to this topic

#1 Thallman

Thallman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:43 AM

On Friday I took delivery of a printer that I have been saving for for the past year. A Canon ImagePROGRAF 6100. ( a large format professional series printer . ) The Windows driver installation fails because apparently my operating system ( Windows Vista 64 ) does not play well with the install that Canon provides. No problem, I thought, I will just download the driver I need from the Canon site. Well, I have been attempting to do just that all day with no success. I process through the download steps but the driver contents just fail to register anywhere.
I would be deleriously grateful for any guidance that you might provide on how to get around my installation obstacle so that I can start spending money that I don't have to keep this beast fed with ink. Thank you,
Ted

#2 woz

woz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Thallman @ Aug 29 2011, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On Friday I took delivery of a printer that I have been saving for for the past year. A Canon ImagePROGRAF 6100. ( a large format professional series printer . ) The Windows driver installation fails because apparently my operating system ( Windows Vista 64 ) does not play well with the install that Canon provides. No problem, I thought, I will just download the driver I need from the Canon site. Well, I have been attempting to do just that all day with no success. I process through the download steps but the driver contents just fail to register anywhere.
I would be deleriously grateful for any guidance that you might provide on how to get around my installation obstacle so that I can start spending money that I don't have to keep this beast fed with ink. Thank you,
Ted

When you say "fails to register" I am unsure exactly what you mean. Do you mean you can not save the driver install file or it won't run the install or something else.
Just in case it's related to the download have you tried downloading from an alternative site e.g.
http://support-th.ca...0100170902.html
regards
w

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users