Posted last week about the differences b/w an advanced compact and bridge, but now think I’ll go with a bridge so looking for advice as to which one please!
I think I’ve narrowed it down to Nikon P500 vs. Panasonic FZ45 (or the newer FZ48) and from my research online/in shops, have spotted the following differences:
- P500 has bigger zoom, but might struggle to focus at distance (without tripod) – no lens-based image stabilisation system
- FZ45 has better battery life
- FZ45 (and def FZ48) has better and faster auto-focus
- P500 has wider angle lens
- P500 has tilt angle LCD screen which could be useful
- P500 takes faster shots (8fps vs 2fps)
- P500 handles slightly better (better grip)
FZ45 is the cheapest (£232 on Amazon) then P500 (£277) and FZ48 (£288) so if nothing in it, then may as well go for FZ45 but am willing to pay the extra cash if it’s worth it.
Any thoughts on the above are most welcome, as well as suggestions for alternatives (although am looking for a fairly compact bridge) please!
Best Superzoom/ Bridge?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users