Need Help Picking A Camera...

1 reply to this topic

#1 RhinestoneCowgirl

RhinestoneCowgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

I am wanting to get a new camera. I am in my teens, so I don't want a super professional camera. Just semi-professional. Photography is mostly just a hobby, but I am hoping to make a little money with it. So, I will need a better camera. Right now I am using my phone. It actually has a great camera for landscape and macro. I have taken some pretty cool pictures with it. But when I take sport/motion pictures it is blurry. And when I put the pictures on my computer the quality is not as good and it gets a little burred up. What I mostly take is macro(flowers, leaves, plants), motion/sport(dogs, horses, kids), and landscape. My total budget would probably be $700 total, if I get more lenses. Maybe more if I get a lot more money over Christmas and my birthday. I am not familiar with cameras and what lenses I need, so that's why I am posting this. There are a few cameras that I found on a discount that I may be interested in...

-Canon Rebel. Which Rebel do you think I should consider?
-Kodak Easy Share Z1012 IS
-Nikon Coolpix p80
-Nikon D40
-Canon Powershot S3 IS
-Canon Poweshot S215
-Sony a330 SLR
-Canon 20D

Oh, and I am wanting to go to some rodeos and take pictures of them, then sell them. You can make a lot of money doing that. So my mane focus would be getting a picture of a horse running full speed without having anything be blurry.

Do you recommend any of these? Would any of these be good for me? And with the cameras you recommend most, what lenses/accessories would I need to get for good micro, landscape, and sport pictures?

#2 Siva

Siva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (RhinestoneCowgirl @ Nov 10 2011, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am wanting to get a new camera. I am in my teens, so I don't want a super professional camera. Just semi-professional. Photography is mostly just a hobby, but I am hoping to make a little money with it. So, I will need a better camera. Right now I am using my phone. It actually has a great camera for landscape and macro. I have taken some pretty cool pictures with it. But when I take sport/motion pictures it is blurry. And when I put the pictures on my computer the quality is not as good and it gets a little burred up. What I mostly take is macro(flowers, leaves, plants), motion/sport(dogs, horses, kids), and landscape. My total budget would probably be $700 total, if I get more lenses. Maybe more if I get a lot more money over Christmas and my birthday. I am not familiar with cameras and what lenses I need, so that's why I am posting this. There are a few cameras that I found on a discount that I may be interested in...

-Canon Rebel. Which Rebel do you think I should consider?
-Kodak Easy Share Z1012 IS
-Nikon Coolpix p80
-Nikon D40
-Canon Powershot S3 IS
-Canon Poweshot S215
-Sony a330 SLR
-Canon 20D

Oh, and I am wanting to go to some rodeos and take pictures of them, then sell them. You can make a lot of money doing that. So my mane focus would be getting a picture of a horse running full speed without having anything be blurry.

Do you recommend any of these? Would any of these be good for me? And with the cameras you recommend most, what lenses/accessories would I need to get for good micro, landscape, and sport pictures?

I think you should go for canon 1100 sereies. Best in price and loaded with features

and about lenses errr... am blank

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users