3 replies to this topic

#1 twosmokeforever

twosmokeforever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hi Guys,
I am just after a bit of advice. I need to buy a new camera after selling my Konica Minolta Dimage Z5.

I have a reasonably low budget at around 100 (happy to have second hand, ebay, a few years ago model etc)

I mainly take photos of family hols, upclose portraits of motorcycles we have restored and photos of the family doing there various motorcycle sports, equestrian sports and athletics

I also want my boyfriend to take more pictures of me on my bike/horse etc as he does seem to have a bit of an allergy to cameras 90% of the time so nothing too complicated, i seem to be lacking in any pictures of me doing anything always ending up as the one behind the camera

So far i have mainly used to standard settings on the dial rather than the manual modes but would like to start playing with those options

I had a Fujifilm Finepix HS10 recommended which i like the reviews of, but they seem to be going for well over my budget

Pictures i have taken so far can be found in these albums

My Photobucket

Motorcycle Photos

Look forward to your advice
Cheers

#2 mqavila

mqavila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hi, I would recommend the Lumix FZ35/38. This came out in mid 2009 I think and was one of the best bridge cameras at the time. It would still be a strong contender today, I would think. At the time, it consistently garnered positive reviews for its capabilities - 12mp, 18x optical zoom, shooting in RAW mode, many manual modes for the more experienced (but with an awesome iA mode for the strictly point-and-shoot).

I believe you can probably get this for around GBP120-150 used. smile.gif

#3 justinjkemp

justinjkemp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

I Highly Recommended. With an amazing 35x wide-angle contact for amazing reach, the canon Power Shot SX30. It is offers a 4.5-stop to prevent Image Backing and Zoom Creating Assist make high contact pictures and HD movie shooting very simple.

#4 scherlewis

scherlewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Now, I am using kodak camera, it's 9.2 mega pix. Camera is use for the function and tour. We all are going for tour and travel that time camera is most useful. I am always go any where that time my camera with also with me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users