Need Recommendations

5 replies to this topic

#1 milwoodslegacy

milwoodslegacy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

Hello everybody! I'm new here and I need some help. I would like to know what digital SLR camera you guys would recommend. I am a novice and I am into pinup/automotive pics. I would greatly appreciate the help. I look forward to chatting with you guys.

#2 Bee Jay

Bee Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sport, Photograph, obviously, buses, trains, and music.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Hi. That would greatly depend on what kind of money you are wanting to spend. Personally I have an entry level SLR, a Pentax KX with kit & telephoto lenses. As this is the one I own, it's the only one that I can make a full review of. I've had it now for over 6 months an shot around 3 thousands photos; no complaints yet. The focusing via the LCD screen is slow, so if your looking to shoot fast moving subjects via the screen, forget it. All other areas of the camera I really love. It's light & feels good to handle. One of the biggest selling points for me was price, 400 including extra lens, and that the telephoto is one of the smallest & lightest. If you want to spend 1000 + then I'd probably go for a Canon 60D. I don't think there's a bad SLR out there anymore. Good Luck.

#3 princemkhan

princemkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

Once you know your photography style it makes it much easier to figure out what is the best digital SLR. Since you know what you want to photograph, you can find the list of best digital SLR cameras on the internet.

#4 M4VSPics

M4VSPics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hi,
I've just bought my very first DSLR a Pentax K-r

Really really pleased with it, very easy to use and it takes some great photos!

Check out some of the pics i've taken with it Click Here
Pentax K-r (just bought) no lenses yet!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/m4vspics/

#5 Kate Rose

Kate Rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

You might want to consider getting a second hand body and spending the extra on nice lenses - for example with Canon (since that's what I know) I doubt you'd be disappointed with a 20D, 40D or 400D and these should save you a LOT over the "current" models. There are an awful lot of bells & whistles being added on now which don't really contribute to the basic quality of the images, so don't be distracted by those!
Kate Rose
Need to improve your marketing?
Social Media Training
Social Media Consultancy
Training on Twitter
Training on Facebook
www.rosemcgrory.co.uk

#6 justinjkemp

justinjkemp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

When you take images with a electronic SLR digicam, lumination moves through the contact and onto a reflection that shows this lumination through a concentrating display to a pentaprism, which is a prevent of cup that shows the image in such a way that you can see it through the viewfinder in the appropriate alignment. When you click the option to take images, the reflection flicks up and the shutter starts to present a electronic sensor / probe to the lumination.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users