#1 amie

amie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

our

Hi My name is Amioe Brownlie:)
im 16 in april and am starting a photogaphy course in august 2012. iv alwayt had a great passsion for photography, and want to make a carer out of it if posssible, so im looking for some beginners advice.
i have make a portfolio but it has to be diffrent from all the other to insure i get the placement. my mothe is looking to by me a camera after christmas and new year and i need your help choosing one good for beginners and iseas for pictures? any help will be most appreciated:)

amie

#2 Canvas Art Print

Canvas Art Print

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

To start with it's a good idea to take photos at dawn or dusk - the morning light is particularly clear and you'll get some great shots. Let us know how you get on!

#3 BOBWED

BOBWED

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts
  • Interests:I like to walk. That is my main enjoyment. Because I care for my mom full time, I don't have much else to be involved with. I like photography because carrying a camera on a walk makes me notice more and look harder at what I pass. I like funny slants on things.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (amie @ Dec 10 2011, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
our

Hi My name is Amioe Brownlie:)
im 16 in april and am starting a photogaphy course in august 2012. iv alwayt had a great passsion for photography, and want to make a carer out of it if posssible, so im looking for some beginners advice.
i have make a portfolio but it has to be diffrent from all the other to insure i get the placement. my mothe is looking to by me a camera after christmas and new year and i need your help choosing one good for beginners and iseas for pictures? any help will be most appreciated:)

amie

Hi,Amie. It seems to me that you will need a camera that has manual mode as well as automatic mode. Automatic mode is used when you simply let the camera make all the adjustments for you. That's the mode you will start with just to get to know your camera as a novice photographer. The manual mode is where you do all the adjustments instead of the camera. This will be essential for your photography class. In this mode you will learn how to handle a camera's important settings. Cameras with manual mode, especially those with interchangeable lenses can be quite expensive. I know of one camera that I have personally used that has a good manual mode as well as excellent auto mode, too. It does not have interchangeable lenses, but its lens is quite good. I would suggest you look at it. The current model is named the Canon sx150. It is a very versatile camera with good picture quality. It is large for its class - called point and shoot. But, that may be an advantage. The interchangeable lens cameras which you may advance up to as you get more experience are also quite large and heavy. So, beginning with the Canon sx150 may be a good idea. Also, at this time this camera is priced well. Good luck.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users