Great Image Quality

4 replies to this topic

#1 Arlene

Arlene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Hi, I'm tired of purchasing cameras that don't give me great image quality. I always get red eye although I have red eye reduction on, and it would be nice if while using the video mode, I can zoom in and out, although I would give this option up for image quality. I could care less what the camera looks like, or how compact it is as well as all the beautiful colors it may come in. Although, I love gadgets and electronics, I just want good quality pictures of my family and friends. Thank you for time and feedback.

#2 Bee Jay

Bee Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sport, Photograph, obviously, buses, trains, and music.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hi Arlene, the answer would depend on what type of camera you were thinking of. Do you want to stay with a compact camera? If so I'd go for a Canon SX220HS, Grey, or Purple, if you must! Personally I don't think there's any Bridge camera out there that could better the IQ of the SX220HS, so unless you want a bigger zoom range, ignore them. CSC, Compact Sytem Cameras, being bigger than compacts are less portable & don't offer such a wide focal range, but they do offer a big step up in image quality. It all depends on how much you want to spend on it. You can get the Olympus E-PL1 for around 230, which being a couple of years old means it's cheaper, but not as good as newer models, such as the Panasonic GF3, which is around 380, and produces very good images upto around 1600 ISO. As for red-eye, I still get problems even when using my SLR with red-eye reduction on. You can usually get rid of it after on your computer though in a few seconds.

I'd be happy to give any extra comments if you have any follow up questions.

Cheers, John

#3 Arlene

Arlene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

Thank you, I'll check these out. I appreciate the feedback.

#4 justinjkemp

justinjkemp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

I don't think there's any Link digicam out there that could better the IQ of the SX220HS, so unless you want a larger contact variety, neglect them. CSC, Stream-lined Sytem Cameras, being larger than compacts are less transportable & don't provide such a large major variety, but they do provide a big phase up in picture quality. It will depend on how much you want to invest on it.

#5 scherlewis

scherlewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

I personally do not think there is any bridge camera, you can better IQ, so unless you want a larger zoom range, ignore them. CSC, compact Sytem cameras, more than the contract less portable and does not provide such a wide focal range, but they provide a big step in image quality.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users