Nikon D40 Problem

2 replies to this topic

#1 tabard

tabard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi All,Names Terry PLYMOUTH Uk [77yrs].I am struggling to get my D40 to work in Manual mode [have always used AF] I have positioned the camera control to M and the 18--55mm kit lens to M,also went in to the Menu and selected M/F,but it seems not to focus and i cannot see any indicators telling me it has.The main reason i wish to use Manual is that the family have bought me a Raynox 150 for some close up work in the garden ,in the better weather??. and by what i read Manual is a must for Macro type photography,any assistance much appreciated and thank you for allowing me on your site Kindest Regards Terry

#2 donmac

donmac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (tabard @ Jan 2 2012, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,Names Terry PLYMOUTH Uk [77yrs].I am struggling to get my D40 to work in Manual mode [have always used AF] I have positioned the camera control to M and the 18--55mm kit lens to M,also went in to the Menu and selected M/F,but it seems not to focus and i cannot see any indicators telling me it has.The main reason i wish to use Manual is that the family have bought me a Raynox 150 for some close up work in the garden ,in the better weather??. and by what i read Manual is a must for Macro type photography,any assistance much appreciated and thank you for allowing me on your site Kindest Regards Terry

Hi Terry
There should be a small switch on side of your lens to allow you to choose between AF -Auto focus, and MF - manual focus. After selecting MF you will be able to manually turn the lens to focus as you require.
The M -manual setting on the camera is to allow you to manually select aperture,exposure, etc.
Hope this answers your question.
Donmac

#3 tabard

tabard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (donmac @ Jan 2 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tabard @ Jan 2 2012, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Terry
There should be a small switch on side of your lens to allow you to choose between AF -Auto focus, and MF - manual focus. After selecting MF you will be able to manually turn the lens to focus as you require.
The M -manual setting on the camera is to allow you to manually select aperture,exposure, etc.
Hope this answers your question.
Donmac

Many thanks for your help and info,do i have to alter anything in the Menu pleaseas when i am in custom menu settingsno2 is focus mode but it says its not an option for some reason ," remember my box brownie hi" Thank You Donmac" regards Terry

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users