Any Ideas On Good Printers?

13 replies to this topic

#1 My Picture Perfect Art

My Picture Perfect Art

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hello All...mypictureperfectart is a new establishment and we are seeking a new printer to print our photography so we can display our art in different art shows. Any ideas on a good printer to print quality pictures? We have a range of pictures from landscapes of all around the world to HRD photographs.... your comments are welcomed!
My Picture Perfect Art
www.mypictureperfectart.com

#2 OrchidGrower

OrchidGrower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (My Picture Perfect Art @ Jan 12 2012, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello All...mypictureperfectart is a new establishment and we are seeking a new printer to print our photography so we can display our art in different art shows. Any ideas on a good printer to print quality pictures? We have a range of pictures from landscapes of all around the world to HRD photographs.... your comments are welcomed!

I'm not sure what size you're thinking about, but if a maximum of 13x19 works for you, try the Epson R1900. True colors, vivid reproduction (if you configure it that way), and reliability. I've used the R1900 and its predecessor (1450, if I remember correctly) for years. I have printed hundreds (maybe thousands) of vacation pictures without a hitch.

#3 nash30

nash30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

I am a little bit biased for HP.. but try to research on HP's Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless or HP Officejet 6000 Wireless color inkjet printer.. kinda expensive printers but will really deliver superior print outs for photographs..

hp officejet pro 8500 inkjet

#4 My Picture Perfect Art

My Picture Perfect Art

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (OrchidGrower @ Jan 18 2012, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (My Picture Perfect Art @ Jan 12 2012, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure what size you're thinking about, but if a maximum of 13x19 works for you, try the Epson R1900. True colors, vivid reproduction (if you configure it that way), and reliability. I've used the R1900 and its predecessor (1450, if I remember correctly) for years. I have printed hundreds (maybe thousands) of vacation pictures without a hitch.

My Picture Perfect Art

#5 My Picture Perfect Art

My Picture Perfect Art

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. I will look into my options and hopefully we will be able to print our photos really soon! Yes 13x19 would be the size we are looking into printing... if anyone else has any other information, please let me know.

thanks

My Picture Perfect Art

#6 john.chriss

john.chriss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

HP b8350 Photo smart pro photo printer. Highly recommended.

Here are the specifications:
Impressive results for everyday printing.
- Prints up to 31 ppm black, 22 ppm color
- Up to 4800 optimized-dpi color resolution
- Professional-quality photos from wallet size up to 13 x 19-inches
- 4" x 6" photos print as fast as 26 seconds, 13 x 19 in less than 1.5 minutes

--------------------
John Chriss l online printing

#7 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Iím going to have to go with John here. A friend of mine has the HP b8350 Photo Smart and it works quite nicely. It also prints quickly which I feel is a plus.

#8 pauling

pauling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

I am using HP Officejet 8600 Plus . It is one of the best printer available in market.

#9 Sire

Sire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I recommend you

HP B8550 --Bring It On Home

For all kind of your needs

#10 jasminespero

jasminespero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

You can buy a laser printer for printing photos. They provide good quality prints with distinct colors. Their printing speed is faster and also provides clarity in the picture quality without getting fade after long time. You can search for laser printer manufacturing companies on internet and choose the best brand of printer as per your need.

#11 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

I am using HP Printsmart B8550 printer for printing my photographs. It really an amazing printer I have ever used. In this printer HP thermal Inkjet print technology is used with 5 ink palette. Its print speed is up to 32 ppm - Text - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in) and up to 31 ppm - Color draft - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in).It has a great color resolution upto 9600* 2400 dpi and it supports all kinds of external devices such as USB and cables.

Photographer for Wedding

#12 Captive Cookie

Captive Cookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

A couple things to consider in your search.

1. The more ink cartridges the better. This is MY OPINION only. Fewer ink cartridges mean more colors have to be made by combining inks, which means you have to use up cartridges faster, and they get you to buy more ink. Printer costs are inexpensive. Printer companies make their money by getting you to buy ink. Also, the fewer cartridges, the less exact colors you can get. The power of a good photo printer isn't necessarily how bright a color can be, but the subtle differences in a multitude of similar colors that can be produced.

2. If you have a separate cartridge for black & white photos (photo black or photo gray, it's often called), that makes for better monochrome prints.

3. See examples and read reviews before committing. I would be wary about getting a laser photo printer. I'm not up on the very latest, but I've never heard of a top-notch pro quality laser PHOTO printer.

4. In my experience, the best photo printers don't excel at printing text.

5. Make sure your ink cartridges are as close to the print heads as possible. If the ink has to travel from a set place to the print head, it has to travel through tubes of some sort, which can clog. The printer may try to fix this problem by extra cleaning cycles, which wastes ink.

Best of luck. Hope you get a good one.

#13 lincoln marry

lincoln marry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (My Picture Perfect Art @ Jan 12 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For excellent quality of photos, you need a photo printer. They are designed especially for good quality photos. The best photo printers are HE Photosmart C310A, Canon Pixma iP100 and HP Photosmart D110A.

#14 Rockyman

Rockyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thanks everyone for your input. anyone else wants more information, please visit us:

Thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users