Help Me To Buy

3 replies to this topic

#1 rider

rider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

I am looking forward to buy a bridge-camera to start my wildlife and nature photography career (part time).
My budget is less than 25k Indian Rupees ($500 USD)
I have two options :
Nikon CoolPix P500 (35x zoom)
Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V (30x zoom)

After checking photos I prefer Sony's camera. But as per new Nikon is going to launch a successor "CoolPix P510" with 42x zoom.
Should I wait and buy that model or go with Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V ?
Please REPLY!! I will be highly thankful.
Thanks! (In Advance)

#2 BOBWED

BOBWED

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,768 posts
  • Interests:I like to walk. That is my main enjoyment. Because I care for my mom full time, I don't have much else to be involved with. I like photography because carrying a camera on a walk makes me notice more and look harder at what I pass. I like funny slants on things.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (rider @ Feb 9 2012, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am looking forward to buy a bridge-camera to start my wildlife and nature photography career (part time).
My budget is less than 25k Indian Rupees ($500 USD)
I have two options :
Nikon CoolPix P500 (35x zoom)
Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V (30x zoom)

After checking photos I prefer Sony's camera. But as per new Nikon is going to launch a successor "CoolPix P510" with 42x zoom.
Should I wait and buy that model or go with Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V ?
Please REPLY!! I will be highly thankful.
Thanks! (In Advance)

I cannot respond to your question asking which is the better camera. But, what I can say is this. If you get stuck in the frame of mind to wait for the better camera, you will be waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Next year there will be a bridge camera with even a longer zoom. So, don't wait. Jump in. Buy the camera that 'feels' best to you. What it looks like on paper, that is with the best stats and numbers means nothing really. What is most important is how you feel about the camera overall. If you have a big zoom but hate the camera for various reasons like it is heavy, large, the menu is hard to handle, etc. then you won't be happy. So, go with the camera you like. Whatever that camera is. Working with a camera you like means you are not fighting with the camera. But, are free to pursue your hobby happily. Best of luck. BobWed

#3 TCCuk

TCCuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

I picked up a decent camera off eBay, you can get them a lot cheaper from there than you can from the shops, they do come from Hong Kong but there are still ok, It is from the Canon EOS range, and I got it for about 400.

#4 Bee Jay

Bee Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sport, Photograph, obviously, buses, trains, and music.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

I presume you mean the Sony DSC-HX100V?

Out of the two I'd go for the Sony, judging it on image quality at low & medium ISO.

Or there are Fuji bridges, they seem very well liked, the HS10, or HS20 have great specifications at a good price.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users