Help Me To Buy

4 replies to this topic

#1 rider

rider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

I am looking forward to buy a bridge-camera to start my wildlife and nature photography career (part time).
My budget is less than 25k Indian Rupees ($500 USD)
I have two options :
Nikon CoolPix P500 (35x zoom)
Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V (30x zoom)

After checking photos I prefer Sony's camera. But as per new Nikon is going to launch a successor "CoolPix P510" with 42x zoom.
Should I wait and buy that model or go with Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V ?
Please REPLY!! I will be highly thankful.
Thanks! (In Advance)

#2 bobw

bobw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

I spend too much time deciding what to buy & not enough time taking pictures. I suggest you buy either one, since I am sure they are both good for the job you want to do,& take pictures with it. At the end of the day a good photographer can take good pictures with any camera. If I say this often enough I might even take my own advice.

#3 rider

rider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (bobw @ Feb 10 2012, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spend too much time deciding what to buy & not enough time taking pictures. I suggest you buy either one, since I am sure they are both good for the job you want to do,& take pictures with it. At the end of the day a good photographer can take good pictures with any camera. If I say this often enough I might even take my own advice.

I think I shud wait for P510.. BTW what camera do u use ?

#4 Bee Jay

Bee Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sport, Photograph, obviously, buses, trains, and music.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I agree. I'd go for the Sony bridge. The new Nikon may have more zoom, but it will be more expensive. My advice would be to buy a camera that's atleast a few months old; no point paying over the odds.

I own an entry DSLR.

Good luck, John

#5 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Really great tips! Advanced concepts, but so well explained that they are easy to understand. The only thing missing is a picture for every point just so that people will more easily be able to understand.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users