3 replies to this topic

#1 lovesmusic2

lovesmusic2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

http://www.flickr.co...oom/6882139827/

A photographer friend of mine has run into this strange circle. So far we have figured out that it is on the lens, but she has cleaned her lens herself many times to try to get rid of it to no avail. She has yet to bring it to a professional cleaners. Anyone have any idea of what it could be?

#2 mentalman1369

mentalman1369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (lovesmusic2 @ Feb 16 2012, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.flickr.co...oom/6882139827/

A photographer friend of mine has run into this strange circle. So far we have figured out that it is on the lens, but she has cleaned her lens herself many times to try to get rid of it to no avail. She has yet to bring it to a professional cleaners. Anyone have any idea of what it could be?

It looks like dust to me, probably internal to the lens, between some of the elements (esp if it's a zoom lens, as the zooming mechanism is prone to sucking dust inside the lens).

However, this diagnosis is based on the assumption that the dots generally appear on the image around the same area of the frame, and at the same size. The flickr photo are all just crops, so it's hard to tell.

In any case, to check for dust inside the lens, try taking the lens off the camera mount, holding it up to a light source and opening the diaphragm blades and have a look through it. I find that looking from the rear of the lens is easier, particularly for wide-angle lenses. You'll tend to see a lot of dust but this seems to be caused by quite a large particle.

Anyway, hope this helps.

#3 lvoutlet

lvoutlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Louis Vuitton Heels footwear series continues the sweet and romantic theme of the two-color light tone straps, transparent insoles, exquisite laces and a small buckle and clothing series of large buttons side by side, and sharppointed silver cap of the toe or a metallic subtle contrast. Trim the LV Outlet heels embody the mainstream style where cleverly combining with suede finish leather, crocodile leather and other materials, sleek thin-heeled shoes while exquisite calfskin or light colored crocodile skin material showing a sense of luxury.

#4 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Just as Mentalman said, itís probably more internal than just the lens. If I were your friend I would probably call around and look into getting it professionally cleaned. Even cleaning it doesnít help, they might be able to figure out the problem for you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users