Sony Dsc-hx-9v

5 replies to this topic

#1 shebadog

shebadog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

This is the worst camera I have ever used for inside pictures - esp with the flash. I just wanted auto point and shoot with at least 14x.
Does anyone have any recommendations. I was thinking the Canon Powershot SX230.
Help.

#2 Bee Jay

Bee Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sport, Photograph, obviously, buses, trains, and music.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

I use the Canon SX220HS quite often. Indoor photographs are fine until you get upto around 800ISO, then they become quite grainy. I have managed to hold the camera still on a 1 second exposure. I couldn't believe it, the image stabilization must be really good. From what I've heard, the HX9V & the SX220/230HS are quite similar, so I'd be loathed to say go & buy one. They are however the best long zoomed compacts that money can buy right now.

Cheers, BJ

#3 daffodilsstudio

daffodilsstudio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

What is the main difference between canon and nikon digital camera?

Fashion Makeup in Bangalore

#4 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

A friend I know has the Canon SX220HS (why canít these things have simpler and easier to remember names, like Canon Bitter Apple??). Iíve toggled with it before and I really liked it, but like Bee Jay, I found that it does get kinda grainy after 800ISO.

#5 auburn

auburn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I only rely on 2 brand, Canon or Nikon, any of these 2 are worth reliable. Been using it since way back 2008 while I am working as engineer in http://www.oilfieldw...eum_engineering in Canada.

#6 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

As for the camera itself, I've not been disappointed with the results so far. Obviously it's not going to achieve the results of a top end DSLR, but for a compact the image stills are very good providing you're not obsessed with pixel peeping. The auto modes really do their job and will handhold the average user through most types of shots. And the video mode quite frankly blows away the competition, you won't miss your camcorder if you forget it. It's THAT good. A top travel camera, one I'm more than happy to take on my upcoming holidays.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users