The Effect Of Digital Technology Within Photography

1 reply to this topic

#1 livvygrace

livvygrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

I'm a year 12 Student currently looking at this topic in Research Project.

Digital Photography is particulary looking at photoshop or other digital image editing programs.

Wondering what your thoughts and opinions are of said technology and how you think it effects the Photography industry?

For instance, almost anybody can access cameras and take poor quality images and just as easily reproduce the quality/reality of them in Photoshop..

#2 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

I use photoshop, so I can see where youíre coming from. Photoshop is certainly helpful in many situations, especially those who want to make amazing photos, but do not have the funds to buy a ton of equipment or an expensive camera. I donít feel that it effects the photography industry in a negative way if that's what youíre assuming. I look at it like any other advancement in the industry, we learn to use it and embrace it. All that aside Iím a firm believer that itís not the equipment, software, or the gadgets that make a good photographer; itís the photographer. Even using Photoshop a photographer still needs to create a meaningful picture that takes talent, the ability to convey emotion, and patience.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users