Problem Switching On Fuji Finepix T200 Camera

No replies to this topic

#1 GreenSmarties

GreenSmarties

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same problem as I have! About 8 months ago I bought a Fuji Finepix T200 camera and pretty soon after I started to use it, the lens would occasionally jam shut and I would see a message on the screen, that said "TURN OFF THE CAMERA AND TURN ON AGAIN" but in the last three or four weeks, this has been happening a lot and very often, no matter how often I turn it on and off, remove and replace the battery, nothing happens, so if I go out now to take pics, I need to take my old Fuji camera that still works great, but looks old as it's a chunkier camera.

The Finepix T200 is quite slim in appearance, so perhaps with a zoom lens, the space it needs to retract into is not very deep. I googled a bit and saw various similar problems with several makes of compact digitals so perhaps the manufacturers are trying to cram too much into too small a space. Several times I have seen people suggest tapping the camera/lens onto a table a couple of times, but I don't want to damage it.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone else has encountered a similar problem and what did they do about it. Presumably because my camera is well under a year old, I may be able to return it to the online store I bought it from, for a refund or replacement.

THANKS

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users