I 'cleaned' My Focusing Screen

No replies to this topic

#1 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

Yes, I made the horrible mistake of trying to clean the focusing screen in my SLR camera, a Canon T3i (600d). I am (as I'm sure you have guessed by now) new to SLR cameras. As the it is now there are several particles on the focusing screen and the auto focus points are a little blurry. The red light up dots are a bit dim and blurry too. I was hoping for advice on what to do (I would prefer not to leave it like this).
I found where I can purchase a new focusing screen online for about $14 US (I live in the US) which, to me sounds pretty reasonable. I searched for instructions on how to replace a focusing screen and came up with mixed results. Do you think that I should steer clear of doing this myself or is it a possibility? If it is a possibility do they have to be aligned precisely or anything? Or will the new one simply fit perfectly into the slot where the old one came out?
I feel really bad that I made such a stupid mistake (don't fix it if it's not broken, right?). Your advise is much appreciated, Thanks!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users