Windows 7 Recovery

4 replies to this topic

#1 sharudoller12

sharudoller12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

Create a windows 7 recovery disk on external hard/flash drive?

basically, my windows 7 computer went through a windows update that epically ****** up. now windows 7 wont even boot on my laptop.

i dont have any blank cd's/dvd's to burn an iso image to, but i have the iso image, and an external hard drive that i have partitioned.

would it be possible to create the recovery cd on the hard drive partition, then boot from the external hard drive and run it? im really running out of ideas.

also, the windows 7 usb/dvd tool wont work on ANY of my computers for some reason. it will only let me install to a flash drive, not my external hard drive, and then it formats my flash drive, and then tells me that its not compatible, so i need some other way to make it bootable.

#2 mad-donna

mad-donna

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

If you can access your BIOS you can add your external hard drive as a boot device,and put it as your first boot device in the list of bootable devices.

Donna

#3 johnnygetyourguns1

johnnygetyourguns1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Sounds like it may be a hd issue if you can't even boot from the flash drive you may be in trouble sad.gif

#4 KeriShort

KeriShort

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I wish I could help you anyhow, however, when I faced the same problem, nothing really helped, and the only way out for me was to reinstall my system.

#5 Robert2651

Robert2651

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yeah! I understand you very much.

In fact, I also encountered the same data recovery problems last week. My digital camera also dropped for my carelessness last week. So, immediately, I plunged it to my computer and checked whether it was all right! However, after connecting it to my computer, a message popped out and asked me to format it. I didn’t know why. But, all the inner data was also inaccessible at the same time.

So, in order to restore my data back, I also tried many data recovery tools online, such as Recuva, iCare Data Recovery Free, TestDisk and so on.

All of them worked well. But, only iCare Data Recovery Free had finally restored all my data back.

Therefore, after experiencing this trouble, I think this freeware, iCare Data Recovery Free, is really worth a shot.

I hope my words could help you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users