Help Picking New Camera

3 replies to this topic

#1 wijcc

wijcc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hello all... I have a canon ixus 95 point and click camera currently. I am going on holiday to thailand and would like another camera with a bigger zoom. I don't think I really need a DSLR as I am not that much into photography and only really takes pics when I am away on holiday. I was thinking of getting a point and click camera with a superzoom. Ideally I would like to spend as little as possible but still get a decent camera.
I looked online a little and found the likes of these..
Fujifilm S3380
Fujifilm S4080
Fujifilm S4200
Nikon L120
Olympus SP-810 UZ

What do you guys think of them or can you recommend a better superzoom camera for around the same budget?
Thanks in advances guys

#2 ryandodd

ryandodd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (wijcc @ Apr 12 2012, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all... I have a canon ixus 95 point and click camera currently. I am going on holiday to thailand and would like another camera with a bigger zoom. I don't think I really need a DSLR as I am not that much into photography and only really takes pics when I am away on holiday. I was thinking of getting a point and click camera with a superzoom. Ideally I would like to spend as little as possible but still get a decent camera.
I looked online a little and found the likes of these..
Fujifilm S3380
Fujifilm S4080
Fujifilm S4200
Nikon L120
Olympus SP-810 UZ

What do you guys think of them or can you recommend a better superzoom camera for around the same budget?
Thanks in advances guys

The Kodak EasyShare Z5010 is an excellent ultra zoom. It is 14.1 MP, 21x optical zoom, 720p HD video, a 3 inch screen, in camera panorama stitching, and an auto image take mode which is intelligent enough to adjust the light and other stuff to match your surroundings. I just bought this camera for $99 in a bundle at Walmart. Better get it while you can. I know about the Kodak brand bankruptcy issue, but to me, if it is a good camera, that is all that matters.
Hope this was helpful,
Ryan

#3 pauling

pauling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

I will recommend you to buy Fuji Finepix F550EXR. It offers GPS positioning, manual exposure controls, full High Definition movies, RAW capture and image stabilisation.

#4 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

The choices you presented are already great wijcc. What exactly is your allocated budget for the camera? Also, Thailand is a really interesting place; we would love to see your photos once you are back.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users