Fuji X100

5 replies to this topic

#1 markboltonphoto

markboltonphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Not really a review, just some quick notes about my new carry-round friend, the Fuji X100.... I'm liking it so far, and will publish more images soon.... thanks for looking! Mark

http://www.markbolto...-the-allotment/

#2 iibattery.com

iibattery.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

To look at a sample the figure is good.
I am a professional photographer based.nikon battery and charger,keyboard store

#3 AlanM

AlanM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (markboltonphoto @ May 2 2012, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really a review, just some quick notes about my new carry-round friend, the Fuji X100.... I'm liking it so far, and will publish more images soon.... thanks for looking! Mark

http://www.markbolto...-the-allotment/

I'll look forward to seeing them.
I was thinking of getting the X100 but based on price and the zoom lens I very recently went for the X10. I think I've made the right choice for my purposes but I'm still interested in peoples opinion of the X100.

#4 CriticalMass

CriticalMass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I purchased an X100 in February and found it has the best IQ or any pocket camera. Easily better than some DSLR's. It is especially good with its flash as well and the viewfinder is really quite astonishing. It is also quite "fiddly", even quirky to use. I loved it but returned it. The real reason in the end being that I found I could not get along without a zoom of some kind on it but that's just me. I replaced it with a Canon S100 which is much easier to use and also very good. But not quite as good as the X100 in terms of picture quality. I miss the X100 badly but feel the XPro1 that would have addressed the lack of zoom with interchangeable lenses, etc. is simply silly money so I will be content with the Canon in my pocket. Its particular strengths seem to be macro and night work (very good in-camera processing of high ISO shots). I shall continue to miss the X100 and likely should have considered the X10 at the time.

#5 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

Well, the photos are impressive. And for a camera as compact as that, it's really good enough. I bet you'd be able to do a lot with that.

#6 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

I was out with the Fuji this weekend and a guy approached me asking me if that was indeed the X100 I had strapped around my neck. I told him “Yes it is!” and he continued on to say how Leica is now in trouble as the M9 will drop in sales. He asked “Who would buy and M9 for $7000 when you can get an X100 for $1200″? I then went on to explain that the X100 is NOT a rangefinder camera, using manual focus with it (the x100) is slow, cumbersome, and unpleasant…nothing like an M. I also pointed out that it has a different, smaller sensor size, and a fixed lens. It’s also not built as well as the M9 nor does it give the total image quality of an M9. He thought for some reason that the X100 was a rangefinder! Made me wonder how many others out there thought the same thing?

Wedding Videography

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users