Photos Deformed

8 replies to this topic

#1 HeleneFang

HeleneFang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

I inserted the SD card into computer and used Window Live Photo Gallery to view the photos. Some photos were vertical, so I rotated them and made them horizontal, then these photos were saved.
When I placed the SD card back into the camera and I found out all the saved-former-vertical photos are all deformed. Who knows how I can make them normal again? I use SONY HX9V.
Please help. I am so worried. Helene sad.gif

#2 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

I thinks you should use windows pictures and fax viewer which is by default open when you open your images in computer though any of the external devices. It gives you the facility of rotating your images according to your need. And this will save these photos permanently after final edit. Now next time if you will insert your SD Card into your computer, you will find all your images as you have rotate them earlier. This time rotation will not change.

Event Videographer

#3 Elena H. Mendoza

Elena H. Mendoza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Do not save the image when viewing in PC. Because every application has it's own meta information. Just view in rotate and close without save changes. Windows photo viewer will give you a warning before change data.

Thanks,
Elena
Create easy photo to canvas online.

#4 carl0s

carl0s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Night OPhotography and Landscape Photography, Qi Gong, Swimming

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

I copy file to computer and store in two locations - Original and one for editing can be confusing so need to make sure you know what what and stick to the system.

If you serious about photography you may want to consider a product like light room from adobe - will be learning curve but well worth it - can edit photos and leave original essentially untouched as changes are stored in a data base and overlay on image

#5 Simon74

Simon74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

hi, HeleneFang!

so did you fix the issue? if yes, how did you do this,
could you please pm me?

#6 chinagadget

chinagadget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

hard case for iphone 5 at an Apple Store in the US this morning. Did they have Lightning to 30-pin adapters in stock? I preordered my phone from the Apple Store and got it this morning but the adapter that I also purchased at the same time isn't going to ship until sometime next month.

#7 GlynT

GlynT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hi Helen,

As a last resort you should be able to get your data retrieved from the memory card in it's original format. There is software available to do it yourself or you can take it to an expert. I've never done it before but I've heard of it being done a couple of times... although I have done it with a hard drive and got every single photo back after they had been completely erased....

A google search for 'retrieve data from memory card' should point you in the right direction!

Good luck!!

#8 jackflaming

jackflaming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

You should insert the card back in your computer and try to recover your photo back. Even if your edited photos are deformed, you must have the original copies of the photos. You can try again to edit them and save as another name, do not overwrite the existing pictures.

#9 alexnew

alexnew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

So sorry to heard that. But don't worry. I think there would have some software to slove your problem.

android 4.1 tablet

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users