Gf1 Camera Winding Me Up

1 reply to this topic

#1 stevegal

stevegal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

used to have olympus dslr.but was'nt using as much as i should,i was using it at weekend on nights out,but got fed up of lugging it around and not very good at low light focusing.
so time for a change,but i did'nt want a point and shoot compact with small sensor,so when the gf1 came on the scene i thought it would be a good compromise.
i am tempted to throw it in a skip,i have suffered with it's crap low light focusing long enough (as bad as olympus).
in the reveiws it said it would autofocus on a plain wall in dark conditions even with no focus assist,my backside it does,even with assist on it won't focus.
it just won't auto focus on low contrast subjects in low light,it gets embaressing asking groups of people to hang on while i move the camera about trying to find something it will focus on,and then when i look at the photo later on,some will be slightly out of focus because it focused on something behind the group,i have tried all sorts of settings but can't find anything that works everytime.
i cant manually focus because it's to dark on the screen,i can't set a manual distance because no markings on the lens,on auto why can't it just focus like a 50 quid compact,looks like thats the way i will have to go.anybody have a solution

#2 stevegal

stevegal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (stevegal @ May 25 2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
used to have olympus dslr.but was'nt using as much as i should,i was using it at weekend on nights out,but got fed up of lugging it around and not very good at low light focusing.
so time for a change,but i did'nt want a point and shoot compact with small sensor,so when the gf1 came on the scene i thought it would be a good compromise.
i am tempted to throw it in a skip,i have suffered with it's crap low light focusing long enough (as bad as olympus).
in the reveiws it said it would autofocus on a plain wall in dark conditions even with no focus assist,my backside it does,even with assist on it won't focus.
it just won't auto focus on low contrast subjects in low light,it gets embaressing asking groups of people to hang on while i move the camera about trying to find something it will focus on,and then when i look at the photo later on,some will be slightly out of focus because it focused on something behind the group,i have tried all sorts of settings but can't find anything that works everytime.
i cant manually focus because it's to dark on the screen,i can't set a manual distance because no markings on the lens,on auto why can't it just focus like a 50 quid compact,looks like thats the way i will have to go.anybody have a solution

1000 views but no advice,come on somebody must have a way to get round this problem

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users