2 replies to this topic

#1 Trine

Trine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hi

I'm having great difficulties deciding which of these two cameras to buy and would love if someone more professional than me could give me some advice.

I have searched around and found that they have many of the same features and that the size of the cameras is basically the only difference. The FZ30 fits in a pocket, which is obviously pratical. But is there an advantage to having a bigger camera? And how important is a seeker on a camera (since FZ48 has one but FZ30 does not). I really hope someone can give me some advice.

Thank you in advance

Trine

#2 madmike

madmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Trine @ Jun 4 2012, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I'm having great difficulties deciding which of these two cameras to buy and would love if someone more professional than me could give me some advice.

I have searched around and found that they have many of the same features and that the size of the cameras is basically the only difference. The FZ30 fits in a pocket, which is obviously pratical. But is there an advantage to having a bigger camera? And how important is a seeker on a camera (since FZ48 has one but FZ30 does not). I really hope someone can give me some advice.

Thank you in advance

Trine

Hi Trine, You are correct that both the TZ30 & FZ48 have 'similar' features but there are differences. More features on the FZ48, for example a longer zoom, plus others. By 'seeker' I assume you mean viewfinder? I find a viewfinder much easier to use if you are shooting with the Sun behind you as even with the LCD screen on it's maximum brightness setting it can be difficult to see the display.

I sold my Pentax K-x DSLR as I tired of carrying the camera & a twin lens kit around. I bought the FZ48 & am delighted with the results. Colours are natural & pictures sharp. There are many reviews on the web & I suggest you read them all before you make your decision but I can highly recommend the FZ48.

I hope this helps.

Good luck, Mike S.
A photograph, like life, is only a moment in time.

#3 Abigail1

Abigail1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Panasonic Lumix TZ30 is the better choice in between these two. When you will go for comparison of the features of these two camera you can understand which one is better.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users