Creating Folders In Dslrs

1 reply to this topic

#1 directlyconnected

directlyconnected

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

I work for a software company that uses Ricoh cameras to take photos of cars. Based off of a file we are able to manipulate and load to the camera, we can have the files extracted to the correct file path based off of "Text Memo" fields. I don't like the camera or this method. Is there a way to say... "Allow access to Mass Storage, Manipulate the SD card to load folders, have the folders accessible from the menus of the camera, and load the pictures taken into the specific folder on the SD Card?" I use a Sony A65 but I think this approach should be applicable to Canon, Nikon, Samsung, Sony, Ricoh, Pentax, etc. As long as the camera is capable of taking pictures and assigning them to a "Pre-Named" folder (Not one the camera creates). Thanks for the support and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

#2 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

When you’re ready to start taking pictures for a time-lapse sequence create a new folder. Scroll down to CREATE FOLDER and select it by pushing the SET button. Now your screen will resemble the example below, showing your newly created folder. The fact that you have not taken any pictures or video yet is indicated by the zero next to the folder name 101EOS7D. By default as soon as you create a folder you will automatically be saving all pictures and video to that folder. If you want to start taking pictures or video in a different folder without creating a new one, just highlight it and select it in your menu.

Wedding Videographers

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users