Need A Great Quality Digital Camera Without Gps

2 replies to this topic

#1 alexw

alexw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

I want a digital camera that shoots great quality photos, but doesn't have a GPS. In fact, I'm going to be visiting a sensitive place and my camera will be checked by officials on arrival - and if it contains a GPS device it will be seized for the duration of the trip. So my camera must at all costs not have a GPS device within it.

The only other feature I'm concerned about is that I would rather a camera with a removable battery if at all possible. Anything else like video etc I'm indifferent between.

I'm looking at a price range of up to approximately $350 US, and I'd like to be on a similar level in terms of image quality to some of the best "mid level compacts" like the Powershot SX260HS or the Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ30, but without a GPS of course.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help.

#2 Bee Jay

Bee Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sport, Photograph, obviously, buses, trains, and music.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

The Canon SX240HS is the same as the SX260HS, but without GPS, so maybe that worth concidering. It's about as good as a compact cameras get, those with a bigger zoom anyway.

#3 carl0s

carl0s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Night OPhotography and Landscape Photography, Qi Gong, Swimming

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

I would check if the GPS option can be turned off - Im pretty sure it can be on the limix model you are interested in

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users