1 reply to this topic

#1 jsnsheets

jsnsheets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hello All!

I have a budget of 170 - 215 dollars to spend on a camera. I was wondering if it would be best for me to buy used (on ebay) or if i should buy new from somewhere like Amazon or Newegg.

Ideally, if I buy used, I would look for an older model of an interchangable lense 'hybrid' camera, like the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF3K or the Olympus PEN E-PL1.

If I buy new, I don't think I would be able to afford a 'hybrid' camera, so i would probably go for a Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS.

I certianly wouldn't be crushed if i didn't get my 'hybrid' camera, especially if a higher end point and shoot would have a better image quality than that of a used 'hybrid'.

Just looking for input on used vs new cameras, as well as point and shoot quality vs hybrid quality.

All input is appreciated, and thanks in advance for reading!

#2 Bee Jay

Bee Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sport, Photograph, obviously, buses, trains, and music.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

If you don't mind the extra size of the csc, then I'd go for that. Either the Olmpus or the Panasonic will give you a better resolutioned image. The Olympus is one of my favourite cameras, mostly because of its affordability. It may not be as good in lower light as its newer rivals, but for the price you're getting a lot of camera.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users