Photo

Free Software To Manage Digital Photos On Pc & Web?

7 replies to this topic

#1 cwr64

cwr64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

I am still using Kodak Easyshare to download pics & vids from my 2 cameras' SD cards into folders on my harddrive (w/ Windows 7 Home Premium). Easyshare downloads the pics & vids to
computer (C:)|Users|Public|Public Pictures|Kodak Pictures|foldernames (like 4-22-2012 etc.) and I then (previously) used Easyshare to upload selected pic-folders directly to Kodak Gallery albums on the web.
Now, Kodak is a goner along with Kodak Gallery, with Kodak Gallery being bought out by Shutterfly. But Easyshare cannot be changed to upload to Shutterfly.

So, what is the best way to get pics off my SD cards thru my SDcard reader? I read that Picasa is not recommended for that because Picasa sometimes (a software bug, I assume) deletes pics that were not successfully downloaded - ouch.

And then, if I used Picasa to keep track of my pics on my HD, what is the best way to get them uploaded to Shutterfly on the web so that I can share pics with friends & family and so that my wife can order prints, etc? I did download/install Shutterfly's uploader & it seems to work OK, btw.

In other words, what is the best free solution to managing a bunch of digital photos?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 Vlad2304

Vlad2304

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (cwr64 @ Aug 28 2012, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am still using Kodak Easyshare to download pics & vids from my 2 cameras' SD cards into folders on my harddrive (w/ Windows 7 Home Premium). Easyshare downloads the pics & vids to
computer (C:)|Users|Public|Public Pictures|Kodak Pictures|foldernames (like 4-22-2012 etc.) and I then (previously) used Easyshare to upload selected pic-folders directly to Kodak Gallery albums on the web.
Now, Kodak is a goner along with Kodak Gallery, with Kodak Gallery being bought out by Shutterfly. But Easyshare cannot be changed to upload to Shutterfly.

So, what is the best way to get pics off my SD cards thru my SDcard reader? I read that Picasa is not recommended for that because Picasa sometimes (a software bug, I assume) deletes pics that were not successfully downloaded - ouch.

And then, if I used Picasa to keep track of my pics on my HD, what is the best way to get them uploaded to Shutterfly on the web so that I can share pics with friends & family and so that my wife can order prints, etc? I did download/install Shutterfly's uploader & it seems to work OK, btw.

In other words, what is the best free solution to managing a bunch of digital photos?

Try Picasa 3 that is absolutely free, powerful and easy to use software by Google. You can download it at:
http://picasa.google.com/

#3 cwr64

cwr64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

"Try Picasa 3 that is absolutely free, powerful and easy to use software by Google. You can download it at:
http://picasa.google.com/"]http://picasa.google.com/
"

So - did Picasa fix that problem that I mentioned where Picasa sometimes deleted photos that were not successfully loaded?

#4 Rockyman

Rockyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Lovely post

#5 JamesSoffer

JamesSoffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

Picasa 3 has some downloaded problem I think, even I found it difficult in downloading too.

fonds de commerce

#6 shalamerylei

shalamerylei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for your shareing, I like , but as to me, I use some other softare to manage my photos. PDF password remover

#7 madmike

madmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (cwr64 @ Aug 28 2012, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Photobucket, it's free, easy to use,no bugs or problems with downloads.
A photograph, like life, is only a moment in time.

#8 AlexLane

AlexLane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I like to play basketball.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

There are many software for photo editing but the Picasa is the best in all cases.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users