Camera Purchasing Advice

3 replies to this topic

#1 pulseb

pulseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

looking to purchase a camera that take good pictures at my son's football games. I would like to able to get action pictures from a distance. Any ideas, I can only spend about $300.

#2 Joshua A

Joshua A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (pulseb @ Sep 13 2012, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking to purchase a camera that take good pictures at my son's football games. I would like to able to get action pictures from a distance. Any ideas, I can only spend about $300.

I suggest you take a look at some superzoom cameras. If you are going to be sitting at the stands on teh football game, you need a camera with some considerable reach. There are a handful out there that you can find around that price range. Check amazon.com.

I know fujifilm has loads of megazoom cameras that might have burst or sequential shooting capabilities. The canon sx40hs is also pretty great but I am not entirely sure its around $300. take a look at fuji's offerings or nikons. I'm sure you'll find one from them.

#3 pulseb

pulseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Joshua A @ Sep 13 2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suggest you take a look at some superzoom cameras. If you are going to be sitting at the stands on teh football game, you need a camera with some considerable reach. There are a handful out there that you can find around that price range. Check amazon.com.

I know fujifilm has loads of megazoom cameras that might have burst or sequential shooting capabilities. The canon sx40hs is also pretty great but I am not entirely sure its around $300. take a look at fuji's offerings or nikons. I'm sure you'll find one from them.

Thank you for your help. I had been looking at the fuji cameras (s4200, s4300 4400, and 4500). Do you have any other suggestions? Have bee reading the reviews and get to confuse. Very little camera experience except point and shoot.

#4 Joshua A

Joshua A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (pulseb @ Sep 14 2012, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Joshua A @ Sep 13 2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for your help. I had been looking at the fuji cameras (s4200, s4300 4400, and 4500). Do you have any other suggestions? Have bee reading the reviews and get to confuse. Very little camera experience except point and shoot.

Hmmm. It really boils down to your needs and what you want to do with the cam. smile.gif are you up to a camera with continuous shooting modes or sequential shooting or just a camera that has a long reach or long focal length so you can zoom from a distance? smile.gif I personally like the following cameras but I dont know if its within your price range. It's not too far though. Fujifilm HS10/20/30. <--basically the same with minor differences, cheapest is HS10. The panasonic FZ150 is also a really good superzoom camera with much to love but above your set budget.. you can also go for its sister model and also a cheaper find the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47K. the finepix sl300 is also fantastic. Sony HX200v is also a good super zoom as well as nikon's P500 or the newer model P510. Under the price range I'd go wit hthe Panasonic FZ47K. its less than $300. I hope this helps.

If you are looking for better image quality in video and stills, I suggest investing a bit more money on other cameras though the Panasonic FZ150 and the HS10 should be good enuf for your needs. take a look at photographyblog.com "best digital cameras" category.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users