2 replies to this topic

#1 Magnus

Magnus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hi There,

My name is Sam and I'm from the UK (I'm new to the forums so be nice biggrin.gif), I have always had an interest in pictures and photography but never really decided to develop a hobby out of it. I am completely new to the world of photography and looking to start it as a hobby. I was hoping that someone could lend me a helping hand and tell me where to start so I can start to gain a foundation knowledge. I am also looking to buy a camera and spend about 100 - 200 the cheaper the better ideally.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

#2 Willy Wombat

Willy Wombat

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Interests:Photography and music

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hi Sam
I would look into joining your local camera club, you will meet beginners and advanced members and people with varying levels of knowledge and experience, who will all be glad to give advise and you will also learn from the club lectures.
As far as cameras go you would have to decide whether to go the point and shoot or dslr route, some of the point and shoot cameras will give you all the various shooting modes to take images in almost every situation you come across and would be a good camera to learn the basics, then as you get better you may find you go for a dslr.
Hope this helps.
John
> John

#3 John Neilan

John Neilan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Hi Sam,
Try this site http://www.mifsuds.com/ they won't do you wrong. It's so great to see new people like you kicking off a great hobby. It is time consuming but with patience you will be rewarded. If you ever need help or advice to send me a message, I'm on here everyday so I'll help you in any way I can. Welcome to the club.

John Neilan.
Best Wishes
John Neilan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users