New From Cumbria Uk

2 replies to this topic

#1 mottyboy

mottyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi all i have a Nikon P500 and have took some shots for you all to offer constructive advise on
thanks in advance ....

First one - a big bull not to happy with me

Understanding aperture settings and manual focus

Finally i know some people hate HDR but here goes Whitehaven dock, 5 exposures - edited in photomatix.

#2 GlynT

GlynT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi Mottyboy,

I know you posted this some time ago but I notice you haven't had any responses so I thought I'd give you my thoughts...

#1 - Right side of Bull needs to be lightened in PS. Also the stuff in the background i s a it distracting, especially the goal posts - perhaps they could be cloned out? This one would have been improved with a narrow depth of field - stand a bit further back and zoom in and use a wider aperture - perhaps about f4.

#2 - Well done for playing with depth of field! The branches to the left interfere with the subject so it would have been better to have adjusted your position slightly. Also the one windmill is a bit dull - it would have been better with 3 or 5... (Odd numbers always seem to work better). The image would benefit from a moody sky (perhaps give it a moody look in PS?).

#3 - As you say many people don't like HDR - but normally because it is 'overdone', which is a great temptation when you see what all those sliders in photomatix can do!! I think you have overdone it a bit here, but a bigger problem is that much of it is overexposed - there is too much pure which in the clouds and boats - try adjusting the strength or the highlights controls. As for the image itself, I would have been tempted to get less water in and more sky, bringing the boats in to the foreground.

Hope that helps!!

Cheers,

#3 rohitkumar

rohitkumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I liked the third picture and bull was really looking angry on you tongue.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic