Lens Speed Of Panasonic Lumix Fz 200

No replies to this topic

#1 maro moskopp

maro moskopp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

A zoom lens with a 25x range and a constant aperture of 2,8 is every photographer's dream. So I had a look at Panasonic's FZ 200 and at FZ 62. Do they look similiar? The front barrel engraving is different. I read 4,5 - 108mm focal length. So in my stock, I have a Pentax SMC-A 100mm / 2,8, and I know how large the lense must be to gather that light corresponding to f/2,8 stop at approximate 100mm. (4 years of my life I studied photographic science.) The lens speed is defined as the quotient of given optical figures. Lenses for movie cameras with their T-number ( T for actual transmission) may differ a bit from lenses for still photography (F-numbers) but generally, those figures can be checked or verified. So what happens with digital bridge cameras, if the lens cannot be changed, if the body "knows" what focal setting is chosen? Is it possible to compensate for a lack of lens speed by pushing the sensor speed upwards, just indicating the figures you would like to read in the viewfinder? Has anybody ever removed the 4,5-108mm lens and had the opportunity to determine the real lens speed? I will not state any fault, only remember how a 25x zoom lens with a constant aperture of 2,8 may look like. I think one approach to that question might be to have shots of an even gray surface at a given / constant ISO-setting, even out of focus. If the noise (best case without any noise reduction) of the shortest focal length and the maximum telephoto setting is different, that might be a hint. If I am wrong, the FZ 200 is a very good deal!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users