Raw Sd Card

6 replies to this topic

#1 photohelp12

photohelp12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

My SD card stopped working. The computer said that this memory card needed to be formatted. However, I had many family photos on it. When I right clicked it to see the properties, the file system was RAW and the used and free space showed 0 bytes. I need to get back my photos. Please help me fix this!

#2 CP140

CP140

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (photohelp12 @ Nov 15 2012, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My SD card stopped working. The computer said that this memory card needed to be formatted. However, I had many family photos on it. When I right clicked it to see the properties, the file system was RAW and the used and free space showed 0 bytes. I need to get back my photos. Please help me fix this!

Can your camera access the images on the card? If so, you might be able to leave the card in the camera and pull the images over to your computer via a USB cable.

Good luck.

#3 photohelp12

photohelp12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

I have tried it. It also need to be formatted. What could I do?

#4 CP140

CP140

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (photohelp12 @ Nov 18 2012, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have tried it. It also need to be formatted. What could I do?

Unfortunately you appear to have a problem that is well beyond my expertise. However, there is some info in this series of posts that might be helpful... good luck.

http://www.photograp...showtopic=12428

#5 photohelp12

photohelp12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

All right! Thanks for your answering. I have clearly read this thread. You mean that I need a recovery program to restore my photos back. But, ignoring the efficiency of it, the recommended recovery tool need to be paid, which can be a complicated thing. Is there a free one? Where can I get a free one?

#6 photohelp12

photohelp12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

OK! I have searched "free recovery program" on the internet and get a bunch of related forums that have disgusted this topic. After comparing different results. I select a free recovery one, which has been highly recommended in these forums. I have used it to successfully recover all of my family photos. Now, I am really happy. Therefore, I just can't help to share my feeling with you.
If I am not wrong, it offers four recovery options, such as Lost Partition Recovery, Advanced Files Recovery, etc. Considering from their names, I just choose the later one. Even though it has taken a little bit long time to scan, it find out all my lost photos and allows me to preview all of them to verify. It is quite thoughtful, right?

#7 CP140

CP140

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (photohelp12 @ Nov 29 2012, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK! I have searched "free recovery program" on the internet and get a bunch of related forums that have disgusted this topic. After comparing different results. I select a free recovery one, which has been highly recommended in these forums. I have used it to successfully recover all of my family photos. Now, I am really happy. Therefore, I just can't help to share my feeling with you.
If I am not wrong, it offers four recovery options, such as Lost Partition Recovery, Advanced Files Recovery, etc. Considering from their names, I just choose the later one. Even though it has taken a little bit long time to scan, it find out all my lost photos and allows me to preview all of them to verify. It is quite thoughtful, right?

I am glad you managed to recover your photographs... and thank you for letting us all know what software you used and the results.

Regards

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users