2 replies to this topic

#1 RWHIT

RWHIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi,

I'd like to know some more information on my camera which is best answered by Canon DSLR users.

I understand that Canon's AF has 9 focus point areas if I want to focus on one particular area within a frame, however, I'd like to know if it is possible to select specific areas using the manual focus i.e. is it possible to recreate what the auto-focus does using manual focus settings?

Any information you could provide regarding this issue I am having would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Willy Wombat

Willy Wombat

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Interests:Photography and music

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

When you are in manual focus mode the focus conformation light in the viewfinder should still work when the subject is in focus via the selected focus point, you still need to activate the camera's meter by half pressing the shutter release, this works on my Nikon and I assume the Canon's are the same, hope this of some use.
> John

#3 RWHIT

RWHIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Thanks, I did a bit of research into manual photography and realised that what I needed was to learn more about aperture to select a depth of field for focus. With Canon 1000D cameras you can focus on one of the 9 points it provides you with however I was trying to see if there was a manual way to do this using the focus ring and other manual processes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users